Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old February 26th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Good luck on the job hunt, my company is in the process of being bought out so I may be in the same boat soon. Losing a job always sucks.
Thanks. I had a 2.5 hour technical interview last week, and that same company wants to schedule me for another round. They also have multiple openings, so it's not as competitive as other jobs I've interviewed for where they were just hiring one guy. It's not a sure thing by any means, but it's the most promising lead I've had so far.

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread. I just wanted to offer a quick update as more than one person here has sent good wishes my way. And some have even given me leads and tips. Thank you.
EightBitz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Qkzap

Old February 28th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Cost is a big factor when you truly add up in this world. As I said before the biggest thing that bugs me is I don't really own the copy of the material. I am renting with a initial down payment. If I don't pay the rent I don't get to take it with me when I leave. I even had an issue with World of Warcraft using this model...pay for a product that you have to only us online with $12.00/m fee.

Now I do have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Internet Service, Cable, Cell phone, Rent, electricity, water, trash, misc others, and most importantly food for my family. So what is and extra $25 a year access? Another weight on the scale of bills that I have to determine if it's worth it.

The idea that it will not be enjoyable to use on classic is a cop-out answer. Upgrade the platform and/or develope a new one that we can use at home that doesn't cost use to use.
Qkzap is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 2nd, 2018, 12:14 PM
Comes down to a business decision and the case for or against the options.

1. Understand that your market share is not necessarily growing and that the market has shifted significantly to platforms you don't support. Assess how you can support the players that you are missing out on, understand the dynamic environment you work in and the limitations of your company and complete a business case on which type of customer will be better for your business. Based on your findings, implement the solution that will be better for your company in the long run.

VS 2.

Dont Rock the boat because a portion of your customer base don't like change and can't afford the subscription model.

LWD arent in this game for free. They are running a business and quite frankly... They need to decide it is it better for their business to support the needs of mass players or buckle to the wants and needs of a few.

Hero Lab users are a minitory. Sorry guys but it's true. There is a huge number of players out there using other products because they are simpler, easier on the eye and they work on the devices the players use. They have the most advanced product but they aren't appealing to the majority of potential customers.

I would have done the same thing.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Wageslave

Old March 13th, 2018, 11:25 AM
If I had a Starfinder data package in Hero Lab Classic I'd be able to print out my character sheet for conventions because I don't have a tablet I can consistently get Wi-Fi on.

How soon can this be a reality?
Wageslave is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 13th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageslave View Post
If I had a Starfinder data package in Hero Lab Classic I'd be able to print out my character sheet for conventions because I don't have a tablet I can consistently get Wi-Fi on.

How soon can this be a reality?
About 40 days ago. HLO has a print character sheet option. It works best in Chrome but that is not a LW issue its a Microsoft/Firefox issue to fix.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 13th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Attached is a sample character sheet from one of my players characters. I just used a free windows program called PrimoPDF to print to a PDF instead of a real printer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hero Lab Online.pdf (155.4 KB, 37 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old April 4th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
$25 a year is nothing. I'll pay that for the benefits it will provide. The next day I'll probably blow twice that on junk food which won't give me anywhere near as much satisfaction or enjoyment.
It's not going to be just 25 per year. You'll also be paying for expansions and upgrades and unlike classic, you're going to be paying it all FOR EACH SEAT. No secondary license deals here.
LazarX is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old April 4th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
It's not going to be just 25 per year. You'll also be paying for expansions and upgrades and unlike classic, you're going to be paying it all FOR EACH SEAT. No secondary license deals here.
secondary license just let you use another pc though right? If that is the case, you have an unlimited seat license, its just 1 at a time since you can switch devices as necessary.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 4th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
secondary license just let you use another pc though right? If that is the case, you have an unlimited seat license, its just 1 at a time since you can switch devices as necessary.
It was mentioned for those that have multiple HLC licenses that in the future HLO will allow for multiple signons at the same time. This would allow a person to let "family" members in the same house use HLO at the same time.

I don't think we will see that feature until Pathfinder gets moved over to HLO though.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old April 4th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
It was mentioned for those that have multiple HLC licenses that in the future HLO will allow for multiple signons at the same time. This would allow a person to let "family" members in the same house use HLO at the same time.

I don't think we will see that feature until Pathfinder gets moved over to HLO though.
This, and I agree. I forgot to mention that.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote