Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Dragonflight

Old June 4th, 2020, 11:47 PM
I know the rulesystems between 3.5 and Pathfinder are too messy to import straight, and anyone looking to import 3.5 would basically need to recode all over again.

Here's the thing. I've got old characters in 3.5 who are *almost* salvageable for Pathfinder, but my coding skills are twenty years out of date. (I trained on COBOL, of all things... Sheesh. Who uses COBOL anymore?)

So I was wondering. Is there a simple template which could be applied to 3.5 characters which would change their on-screen content for Pathfinder? Since it requires the 3.5 OGL license to do anything with, I imagine that would be pretty safe. And it would allow me to use the 3.5 characters from within the 3.5 OGL portion of the program.

Last edited by Dragonflight; June 4th, 2020 at 11:49 PM.
Dragonflight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 5th, 2020, 04:05 AM
If you want to stick with 3.5 but use Pathfinder rules, no there isn't a template. There is nothing to stop you hiding some of the skills and making changes to the way things work in order to do a conversion of sorts.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote