Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

kturock

Old September 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Using the SPC and Lenny's NE add-on, Ive been able to recreate and correct all of the original NE archtypes.
Doing so, I've found a couple problems and a question.
The problems. When you raise an attibute, using the Super Attribute super power, and then increase skills above it, it doesn't calculate the costs correctly. Check the Speedster & the Scrapper for examples of this.
Also, when the super power Altered Form is chose, it doesn't modify the character's toughness. It should add +4 to it, based upon a choice, either rubbery body, for bonus vs projectiles or for energy body vs energy attacks.

The Hybrid race, that give the free edge, says something about bootstrapping and skipping the prereq and other programing text. Thats nice I guess if you know how to edit or program it. It should have a more though explanation on how to do it.

I used Meta creator for years, and I hate to say it, it did seem to be a better program, and had a better printout than HL. It had more examples and drop downs to choose when adding or modifiying things. I'm not real sure if this was money well spent. It's a steeper learning curve with less results.
kturock is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:02 PM
The Hybrid (Edge) race thing is just a problem in the description. You won't have to do anything special it just means you'll need to go to the Edges tab and select what your free Edge will be. Assuming you are switching from Human that means nothing changes on that tab since Human would get the exact same thing. They probably shouldn't have described it as "Bootstrapping" something so maybe there is a better description to use.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
No, it shows a resource edge error, too many edges chosen, 4 out of 3. For the speedster they're AB: super powers, quick, attractive, luck. AB:SP is free for NE. Two others are from thehindrances, 1 is the free 1 for being hybrid and using the human 'side'.
kturock is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:12 PM
Doh! You're right. I apparently selected the wrong thing to give the extra Edge. I just updated it at that link I sent you before if you want to download the update.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Just tried the same link from your 1st pm, I still don't see a difference. It looks like the smae file and doesn't show it's been updated since......
kturock is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:42 PM
Doggone it... just not my day. Try it now.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:06 AM
Thanks now that seems correct.
kturock is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
Now, who do we/I need to contact about the SFC bugs?
kturock is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
OK. I started another thread about quivers.
I also gave the same character 'magic' armor. The armor super power in a device. It's listing it as 'natural armor" not a worn item, like a pot helm.

Also, natural damge is the same as the magic sword' damage, even though it's listed as a device. Natural damage sould be just strength.

The attack powers and the weapons should be the same. They're listed as 2 seperate weapons. IE Bow is 2d6, SP ranged attack 3d6. Also the RoF is wrong. Rapid fire doesn't modifiy the RoF like it should.

The sword has a note showing str+d8 and +3d6 for damage.

It looks like 1 weapon is correct, but not the other.

ALso, why do some powers that are put into devices able to have requires activation, but not others? I thought all powers could have both...

Last edited by kturock; September 2nd, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
kturock is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Just as a quick addendum to that, none of that stuff is NE specific so we'll need someone at Lone Wolf to check the SWD and/or SPC files. I can see, though, that the base Quiver item is not set up as a container, which is why it won't hold anything.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote