Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I have waved my magic wand and transformed this forum into the Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition forum. Go forth and post threads about 8th edition! No longer will you be confined here.

Thanks to silks and everyone else who's been working on the 8th edition data files! If you guys have questions about anything, please let us know and we'll do our best to help.
Colen is offline   #271 Reply With Quote
Staurikosaurus

Old August 12th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hey, great work on the 8th ed update guys. Noticed a couple of problems right away

Magic Armour allows you to take magic armour with a magic shield if you so choose (pg 502, magical suits of armour and shields follow the same rules as mundane ones). Army Builder is currently registering this as a rules violation.

Some of the units in different armies have not been updated according to the V1.1 FAQs. Example: High Elves - Korhil (hero) his weapons etc have not been updated.

I am not knit picking, just thought you guys would want to know. I think everyone involved has done a fantastic job.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Staurikosaurus; August 12th, 2010 at 06:38 PM.
Staurikosaurus is offline   #272 Reply With Quote
silks

Old August 13th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks for all the bug updates guys,
I have read them all and am not ignoring them - a lot of them are quite hard to achieve but I'm working on them.

Also - I've had a couple of guys who've been working on it drop out (hence slow releases) so if there's anyone who wants to give a hand drop me an email dfazzani at googlemail dot com
silks is offline   #273 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old August 13th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Email sent...
UltraPrime is offline   #274 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:29 AM
whoohoo version 1.0 already! The 8th edition authors are awesome

Last edited by gkgnight; August 13th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
gkgnight is offline   #275 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
bug:

vampire counts:

Wight King:

Wears heavy armor + shield so his save should be 4+ you have it listed as 5+
Also, when you remove the heavy armor and shield (by selecting magic armor and then unselecting it) his save then turns to 6+ when it shouldn't have one (ie. you uncheck the heavy armor and shield).
gkgnight is offline   #276 Reply With Quote
Glirhuin

Old August 14th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I would like to thanks the authors of those Warhammer v8 data files for all the good work they done for us !

Thanks again !
Glirhuin is offline   #277 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old August 14th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Yep. Awesome job everyone.
gilvagor is offline   #278 Reply With Quote
DaSpug

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hiya,

Firstly, thanks for all you development guys that have been working on the new rules and the new FAQ/Errata add-ons, you are doing a fabulous job!

I've ust noticed an odd issue with Dwarves (some of the others I had had already been reported and resolved).

Royal Blood rule from the Armies book:

"Dwarf Lords (but not Thanes) are of Royal Blood. This special rule is used in conjunction with the Bodyguard special rule - see the Hammerer entry for details.

In Addition, if an army contains a character with Royal Blood, it may have one more unit of Longbeards than it does Warriors. These represent the Dwarfs of the character's own clan".

When you have Josef Bugman as a general (who also adds a unit of Longbeard Rangers without requiring Warriors), AB errors when you add 2 Lords and then add another 2 units of Longbeards without having a unit of Warriors. The error is "Longbeards - you may only include as many units of Longbeards as Warriors (+1 if the general is of royal blood, +1 for Joseph Bugman)"

Nowhere in this rule does it state that the Lord must be the general, and surely it should be +1 for EACH lord with the Royal Blood special rule, as it clearly states "a character" and doesn't state that this isn't cumulatative...?

Hope that makes sense...!!!
DaSpug is offline   #279 Reply With Quote
geovaz

Old August 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Quick error for u to check out

Slaughtermaster in ogres does not have Grut's Sickle in his magic weapons list! ty

also, If i take a bruiser and make him a BSB, i cannot select any mundane items with it? is that correct?

Last edited by geovaz; August 14th, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
geovaz is offline   #280 Reply With Quote