Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

VaultScrolls

Old December 19th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Just wondering what process I would have to apply for or go through to assist with adding additional content for HLO. I'm willing to learn anything just to help with getting some Adventure Paths out for Starfinder. Not having any content updates since May is frustrating, then I look at Shadowrun and I feel like I have very little room to complain. So I'm willing to put in the work to help with Starfinder, Pathfinder 2E, and Shadowrun if it means we can get additional content a bit sooner. For me Starfinder is my primary game to play, which I either play or work on campaigns every day. I have looked for alternatives to HLO, but for character creation and management there is nothing out there that comes close to HLO that I have gotten ahold of and tested. If I can't be of any benefit, is there anyway we could get a rough roadmap of what content is coming up? I'm sure it would be appreciated. I hope not to come off as impatient with this post, but I really can't play without HLO, and would like to help out as much as I can!
VaultScrolls is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 19th, 2020, 03:46 PM
It has occurred to me that if HLO had an option to import character JSON data as well as exporting it that it would at least enable the creation of community NPC repositories. There would still be issues like necessary sources that would need to be worked out, but nothing like what would be needed to have a user-facing HLC-style Editor.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
VaultScrolls

Old December 19th, 2020, 04:51 PM
I'm willing to help in any capacity at this point if it means getting some additional content out sooner for HLO. I'm speaking with no knowledge on how things work in the backend, but I imagine there may be some method of data entry and formatting that any of use could do on the users end and submit for approval to just get things going a bit quicker. I'd appreciate any further comments on the idea, or a better path to work on for this.
VaultScrolls is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 19th, 2020, 09:57 PM
I know that sort of thing used to happen back in the old days of the original Hero Lab, but I've gotten the impression that things are more complicated with HLO.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 20th, 2020, 02:34 PM
They had a post up several months ago for how to apply to help. Let me see if I can find it.

Huh. No luck on my part. I know I applied for it, but I cannot find the message now. At the time, Rob said that it used a very similar tool to the HLC Editor, but that they couldn't make it generally available because scripts run on a central server so one bad script could result in overuse of cloud resources, or even crashing the system for everyone.

Last edited by Duggan; December 20th, 2020 at 02:47 PM.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote