Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Aaron

Old August 29th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Things I'd like to add: The ability to change how weapons are equipped, or which are equipped, the ability to mark off class spells, item spells, and spell like abilities as they are cast.
Aaron is offline   #391
bodrin

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Thing(s) I'd like added to the main screen:
Side tabs that once clicked slide left or right showing a larger text area of the summary panes. This would eliminate the cramped weapons/feats/spells/equipment/in play/adjustment windows and make a less cluttered look.

Making the "CMD field value show Immune to Trip correctly not just immTRIP as though its overlapping text.

A customise button on already equipped mundane gear that simplifies and unites the magic item creation into one streamlined process. At the moment creating a magic item means opening the create custom item option. If I've already got a normal item and want to convert it I'd just like to click a button and have the add enhancement / item powers / make masterwork options appear.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #392
bodrin

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Things I'd like to add: The ability to change how weapons are equipped, or which are equipped, the ability to mark off class spells, item spells, and spell like abilities as they are cast.
+1 to these too.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #393
AndrewD2

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
A reset all option on the spells tab.
AndrewD2 is offline   #394
qcgreywolf

Old September 16th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I have found myself using Hero Labs more and more for my session planning, and it is really growing on me (especially the output to HTML, for display in tabbed browsers).

A quick notation:

I find that a disproportionate amount of my time is going towards fumbling up and down the feats list, especially when I am trying to dream up a quick theme for whatever NPC I am cooking up.

While the search function works wonders if you know a starting feat in a feat chain or if you know exactly what you want, a massive partially visible list is sub-optimal for perusing.

Can we get a rudimentary filter system, or perhaps a rough tree layout for the feats?

In a filter system it would be nice to (similar to a spreadsheet column) be able to sort by type at a minimum (combat, item creation, meta magic, general, wild, psionic, etc) and if possible by specifics, such as; class specific, HP altering, AC altering, skill altering, etc. Or in a tree layout to have each pile of feats grouped together.

Or, possibly, it would even be a step in the correct direction to view the feat chains, listed by the first feat in the chain. (I realize if you know exactly what you want, you can type in any of the feats in a chain to see a list of the preqs).

None of this is necessary, your product is really good, but I like to mention things that can make the product even better.

Thanks Lone Wolf!
qcgreywolf is offline   #395
Ualaa

Old September 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM
If you implemented a ' + ' (expand) and a ' - ' (collapse) option for each category of magical/mundane equipment, it would make navigation much easier.

When searching for a piece of gear, we could click the (collapse) for Potions and not have to scroll through each item in the category.
If each item was initially collapsed, we could expand just the category we wanted, which would make equipping characters a lot quicker.

Ideally, either have HL remember the state we were in, the last time we browsed a category or default to each category starting in a collapsed state.
Ualaa is offline   #396
TheSemiTallest

Old September 26th, 2013, 12:31 PM
So, I think my biggest pet peeve with Hero Labs is that it does not list scrolls as a tracked resource. I've been using the program for a while now, and absolutely love it, but I'd love it even more if I could figure out how to make it track scrolls.

Has anyone figured out how to make this happen?
TheSemiTallest is offline   #397
Screetch1979

Old September 26th, 2013, 03:06 PM
You could realize an adjustment which allows to increase the number of mythic powers? As already exists for normal feats.
Screetch1979 is offline   #398
armenfrast

Old September 27th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hello,

could you add a feature allowing to manage and print the inventory tracking sheet.

You could add an extra field to each owned item allowing to mention a reference number (chronicle number) where the item was purchased.

Regards

Pierre
Pathfinder Society France
armenfrast is offline   #399
Ualaa

Old September 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Could you please default equipment to 'Purchase for Free', when we're configuring NPCs?
Ualaa is offline   #400
Closed Thread