Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 5th, 2017, 10:18 PM
I haven't been using RealmWorks all that much, but with the upcoming Import/Export feature, I'm reacquainting myself with it, and with what content I've previously entered.

One of my realms used a category which has since been deprecated. A bit of digging through the Release Notes document indicates that this was the "Starting Point" category, and it was deprecated in version 1.0.1026.186

The headings are:
  • Package Introduction
  • Synopsis
  • Using this Material
  • Additional Material
  • Legal Details

If this category has been deprecated, what category might y'all be using in its stead? GM Synopsis? Story Source? Other?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old January 6th, 2017, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
If this category has been deprecated, what category might y'all be using in its stead? GM Synopsis? Story Source? Other?
Yes and add "Player Synopsis" as well. So all three together act as the starting point. That's, if its important for you to follow LW structure.
Or create your own starting point that fits your fancy (but that was kind of a obvious answer...)

I created an "Adventure Module" category (as I am busy entering stuff from old Dungeon magazines)
There is an:
Overview section that has the following snippets:
Title; Publisher; Rule Set (out of a created tag list); Source Type (created tag list); Source (created tag list); Source detail; Level from; Level to; Setting; Genre; Plot tone;
Summary Section with a text snippet.

As I just entered 3 adventures its still in the refinement phase...

Last edited by Avi; January 6th, 2017 at 01:11 AM.
Avi is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2017, 10:11 AM
The home page is meant to carry all those details now. And is the default article that opens with a new realm.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 6th, 2017, 02:15 PM
The 2015 GenCon seminar recommended against using the realm home page for this. The examples shown specifically included the GM and player synopsis topics for this stuff.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The 2015 GenCon seminar recommended against using the realm home page for this. The examples shown specifically included the GM and player synopsis topics for this stuff.
Interesting...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
That's not entirely accurate. The Realm Starting Point topic (or Home topic) *IS* the starting point for your REALM. However, the objective is in breaking things up. If you have a large realm, then you probably don't want a single, massive topic that the players have to wade through. You probably want to break stuff up into smaller pieces. In addition, the Home topic is UNIQUE to YOUR realm. Consequently, it is not possible for someone else to insert anything into your Home topic when they publish/share material. And you probably wouldn't want them to do that, even if they could. So the objective when sharing material is to organize everything in a clean manner that others can readily integrate into their own existing realms. That is achieved through a Source topic/article, plus one or more GM Synopsis and Player Synopsis topics.

I've got a partially written document that outlines the anatomy and the thinking behind everything. Unfortunately, after the multiple hospital stays last month, I'm (a) woefully behind and (b) have a long road to a full recovery. That latter one is the real gotcha right now, since I'm barely running on impulse power instead of the usual Warp Factor 9. So I'm working on getting you guys this stuff as fast as I can, but it's not going nearly as fast as is needed.

All I can do is ask for some patience while I get all this stuff together for everyone.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 6th, 2017, 03:44 PM
rob, get better, man. We will do our best to be patient, and may God bring you rapid and lasting healing.
Bidmaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 6th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Unfortunately, after the multiple hospital stays last month, I'm (a) woefully behind and (b) have a long road to a full recovery. That latter one is the real gotcha right now, since I'm barely running on impulse power instead of the usual Warp Factor 9.
Remember, Rob. Next year, use a meat thermometer, and cook that turkey or ham to 165° F. :-p

(Disclaimer: If I'm right about why you had multiple hospital stays, no I'm not spying on you. I've just heard stories about how food poisoning affects people and how much it weakens them.)
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I've had friends get really bad food poisoning. And I got it myself a zillion years ago. I can assure you that, if given the opportunity, I would have EAGERLY taken food poisoning instead of what I ended up with.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 6th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Best wishes from me as well. Get well again.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #10 Reply With Quote