Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM
They aren't just for Darksun anymore...

When can we expect them to be available?
cryptoknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 17th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
They aren't just for Darksun anymore...

When can we expect them to be available?
Check to see if they are in Compendium, I was asking this question months ago only to find that the themes were NOT in the Compendium at all... and the downloader can't get data that is not there...
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DarkSpiral

Old September 18th, 2011, 12:18 AM
The themes aren't actually in the Compendium, but the powers they make available are. I guess once WoTC makes an actual Compendium category for them, Hero Lab can follow suit.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup.
DarkSpiral is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM
This is why you don't have themes yet, its not Lone Wolf at all. Lone wolf needs source data for the downloader to be able to retrieve the data. Since the powers are there they might be able to create a tab and let you input them via the editor though
I am doing a lot of work in the Pathfinder set right now for Dark Sun. I am learning a lot through this process about the editor.

Its not hard to use but you'd have get the Wolf to give you a tab for themes
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Necros99

Old September 28th, 2011, 06:26 AM
But there still needs to be the character sheet structure/template to allow for use of the data when it finally hits the Compendium, or to allow users to manually input the data until that time.
Necros99 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah I agree that it would nice to be able to add it in manually, but I have been working on a Pathfinder version of dark sun now and don't have time to mess around with the editor for 4e to figure it out right now.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Honestly, with Wizards of the Coast rehiring Monte Cooke, I don't see 4e being around much longer... I have been looking at alot of things and over all with all the compendium changes we have gotten very little NEW data for hero lab in 4e this year. I love hero lab, but the crap WOTC has been pulling with the compendium, especially the fact THEMES are not there a year after Dark Sun's release, has angered me to the point of switching systems completely. I will no longer be running 4th edition D&D. Its a great starter game for noobs to get into RP, but its not the D&D I've come to know and love over the years. I am not renewing my D&DI account either. I can already see a shift from WOTC's R&D toward a new edition in the future and am so displeased with the fact I have gotten very little new data in hero lab because of WOTC I won't be running their product anymore.

There were alot of good points to 4e, but WOTC has systematically destroyed them this year. I will be DMing Dark Sun using Pathfinder from here on out.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
stsparks72

Old October 25th, 2011, 03:14 PM
So Hero Lab will not be getting any support for Themes? That`s disappointing.
stsparks72 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old October 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM
@RavenX

Well I just bought HL a month ago. Your last post makes me want to ask for a refund if the 4e isn't going to be supported anymore. 4e is the only reason I bought HL.
DMayhew469 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DarkSpiral

Old October 29th, 2011, 12:19 AM
RavenX is posting an opinion, people. And that is all s/he's doing.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup.
DarkSpiral is offline   #10 Reply With Quote