Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubGeek View Post
I didn't actually interact with any of the LoneWolf folks... This was my first GenCon, and I was more than just a little overwhelmed, so I tended to avoid looking the vendors in the eyes outta nervousness.
I'm glad that you were able to get a demo, even if you did it in lurker mode.

Next year, stop in and say hello! We don't (usually) bite.
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:19 PM
So know direction podcast has a Paizo seminar where Lisa Steavens mentions RW and adventure paths. Not much more than LW and Paizo are working on it. But thought I would share. It's about 35 minutes in.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So know direction podcast has a Paizo seminar where Lisa Steavens mentions RW and adventure paths. Not much more than LW and Paizo are working on it. But thought I would share. It's about 35 minutes in.
You're my hero. I haven't had a chance to go through all of Know Direction's stuff yet.

Here's the section if anyone is interested (starts at 16:44).
liz is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 9th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The part about the LW and Paizo working on it. Please Hurry. I'm pretty sure that I hear my players prepping their torches and pitchforks, and I'd really rather not enter everything from old APs manually. Unless someone wants to tell me that old APs won't get done. At which point I will be very sad. With the tears.
Ambush is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old September 15th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
The part about the LW and Paizo working on it. Please Hurry. I'm pretty sure that I hear my players prepping their torches and pitchforks, and I'd really rather not enter everything from old APs manually. Unless someone wants to tell me that old APs won't get done. At which point I will be very sad. With the tears.
Well, as far as APs go, yeah, it takes a while. I'm putting in RotRL and have put in about 50+ hours into it and I've only gotten the first 2 books in (though, all the appendix's in the anniversary addition are done). It takes a while, no question.

But, as far as scenarios go (things like We Be Goblins! or Carrion Hill) those only take an hour or two to put in really.

I did a custom Hunter the Reckoning story in RW for giggles. Had it done to a point where I feel I can run the game in under 3 hours total. And when I put in a story, it's got all the images, character sheets from HL (when possible, otherwise, stat blocks or pdf's of char sheets), town maps, area maps, "dungeon" maps, etc.. put in. So, it's really not that difficult to bang out something quick.

Where you get your head handed to you is those MASSIVE APs with all the information you just KNOW you're going to need.

Example: This weekend, my group took about half our game time just leveling up their characters (they were picky this level with their choices). So instead of heading out to the dungeon, they decided to go shopping in Sandpoint. Because I spent 10 or so hours putting in all the appendix's into RW, I was EASILY able to open the weapons shop, the herbalist, the magic shop, etc... and have not only the inventory of the stores, but also the characters for the shop owners in hand. Including pictures for some of them. It's really worth the effort to put all that in, it makes your game much more smooth to run.
Pollution is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 15th, 2014, 08:00 AM
@Pollution: Great examples and insights. And yes, it takes for-ev-aaaaah for some things. Make sure to make time for other fun things like map-making or NPC development or writing new setting material. It needs to stay fun!
AEIOU is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 15th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Where you get your head handed to you is those MASSIVE APs with all the information you just KNOW you're going to need.
OMG This yes! For my Skull and Shackles games so much time comes from putting in extra information. The AP says they go to Hell Harbor. Great then I start inputting Hell Harbor from the Campaign guides and its main NPCs, towns, and harbors. Especially as my players are trying to increase there reputation so they will want to find ways to interact with the Pirate Lord of the island. None of that is in the AP so it takes extra time putting in each reference.

But like you said so worth it when its all available at the game or now with PE in beta my players are looking up islands and info on their own!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old September 15th, 2014, 01:06 PM
And this is why I hope they get the license sorted out soon with Paizo. I started entering Skulls & Shackles also, but put it on hold as I'm not running that AP yet (still working on Serpent's Skull). I'm hoping I can just buy a completed copy to modify, instead of entering all the source material and then modifying it.
pyremius is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ob1knorrb

Old October 24th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I'm just getting started on entering Skull & Shackles. I figure I'll start by putting in the NPCs from the first book and hopefully I'll have a few ideas on how I want to organize things by the time I get that done.
ob1knorrb is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Natai

Old October 26th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear the calendar feature is shaping up nicely. I've basically put all work with my project in Realm Worms on hold until the calendar is online, so hopefully it happens soon.
Natai is offline   #20 Reply With Quote