Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Acenoid

Old June 28th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Actually I think it would be better to communicate what has been done. And I think LWD is doing that whenever a release (something new) is about to be presented.

So basically the oingoing news is:
-> LWD Developers are focussing on the upcoming RW release which aims towards the release of the content market.

And this news does not change until we hear otherwise or it's released.

Whenever a release comes up, ppl may read about it's contents in the release notes.

I think the information provided is sufficient.
What would be good however, if LWD provides extra information if for example the next release would be delayed.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old June 28th, 2017, 09:32 PM
People would quickly get tired of a short weekly update that was always some variant of "We're all still working on it, and we'll let you know when it's ready."
Mystic Lemur is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 28th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
People would quickly get tired of a short weekly update that was always some variant of "We're all still working on it, and we'll let you know when it's ready."
I think that is what BJ is saying. Since that is all they have to report it would be a waste of time.
ErinRigh is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old June 29th, 2017, 06:06 AM
But a report on what is going on once every month or two would be welcome. A three month wait might be a little long, but I could handle that if necessary.
Viking2054 is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2017, 07:31 AM
I've pretty well told you all we have to share. We are working on getting the security measures in place, there have been some snags along the way, and we plan to have it out before Gen Con. Please remember that every time we push an update out the release notes show the items we finished as well. As I've said, if I had anything significant to report I'd share it. Promise!
BJ is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old June 29th, 2017, 08:51 AM
So, this conversation is quickly becoming less than helpful so I hesitate to chime in again. I have been increasingly critical of LWD and am no longer recommending them to my friends with the same enthusiasm I once was. However, I get that they are in a lose-lose scenario when it comes to updates. BJ makes a great point about the update progress being in the release notes. What I do think they should do is give an update when they miss an estimated delivery date. The last ETA we blew past (there have been so many at this point I lost count) was Piazo Con. It came and went with no word from LWD. That has been the way of it all along. If they make a prediction and can't make it happen an update is then in order. We now know that security issues are the hold up. It would have been nice to know before Piazo Con that CM wasn't going to be ready due to security issues. I also get that if they do that they will get a flurry of critical responses. To be honest, at this point they deserve some criticism and just have to accept it. I don't know if they can ever regain my trust and goodwill, but I still think RW is a good product with the potential for greatness.
meek75 is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
SteveT
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Hey all, BJ asked me to check this out to share some more info... I haven't had time to read this entire thread as I've been buried in trying to get my part of the CM out, but I can see that some people are understandably restless. There are people working on many different aspects of the Content Market, so I can't speak directly for everybody, but I can share a bit about what my team has been working on.

For the past few months my team has been working on developing and testing a bunch of the server infrastructure we need to support the Content Market.

This means supporting things like letting people log into our servers, link their accounts with their Paizo account, and buy content. It also means supporting securing the content files to people's individual accounts and letting them download them.

In addition, it means supporting the administrative capabilities we need to administer our online store (stuff doesn't just appear in the store on its own ).

We initially underestimated the amount of time and effort some of this would require, including the security measures we need to have. Basically, we've been making a lot of progress on all this, and have been deploying our progress to our servers every few weeks, its just that a lot of it is not quite user visible yet.
SteveT is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Thanks Steve!
BJ is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old June 29th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
Hey all, BJ asked me to check this out to share some more info... I haven't had time to read this entire thread as I've been buried in trying to get my part of the CM out, but I can see that some people are understandably restless. There are people working on many different aspects of the Content Market, so I can't speak directly for everybody, but I can share a bit about what my team has been working on.

For the past few months my team has been working on developing and testing a bunch of the server infrastructure we need to support the Content Market.

This means supporting things like letting people log into our servers, link their accounts with their Paizo account, and buy content. It also means supporting securing the content files to people's individual accounts and letting them download them.

In addition, it means supporting the administrative capabilities we need to administer our online store (stuff doesn't just appear in the store on its own ).

We initially underestimated the amount of time and effort some of this would require, including the security measures we need to have. Basically, we've been making a lot of progress on all this, and have been deploying our progress to our servers every few weeks, its just that a lot of it is not quite user visible yet.
This is exactly the kind of thing I think people where looking for. Certainly it ratchets down my frustration several levels!

A once a month update of this manner would probably go a long way to keeping people's frustrations in check.

Thanks to BJ for organizing this, and for Steve for taking time to provide the update.
stuartwaring is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old June 29th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Yes, this is all we need, a short progress report. Just because the CM isn't ready doesn't mean you aren't progressing.

Thanks a million!
Bidmaron is offline   #60 Reply With Quote