Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Lord_of_Noob

Old August 27th, 2019, 09:14 PM
Hello all,

I have successfully installed and run RealmWorks on Linux. Now I am in the process of switching Campaigns I run to RealmWorks.

My Report can be found here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=38204

I found today a bug (https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47692)
If there are other users that also use Linux, please can you try to verify? Thanks.

@Wolflair. It would be great if you maybe could provide the wine developers Information on your implementation (maybe which .net function you use) so they can increase the compability. That would be awesome. But understandable if you do not want to invest the work.

In general the application works well on my machine. I am still in the beginning of using it. So I use only basic features for now. Also thats why I would raise more calls to test features.

Thanks for understanding and support.

All the Best
Peter
Lord_of_Noob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old August 29th, 2019, 10:44 AM
It is great to see work being done in that direction. So far I used RW on virtual machine. Unfortunately I don't think Linux and macOS will ever be supported by RW or there will be further major development for the Windows in the following months/year.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lord_of_Noob

Old September 2nd, 2019, 10:40 AM
Sure, No Problem. All good. I just wanted to draw attention. If you want to help to improve and add time for checking and testing, it is fine. If you do not, it is also fine. Same goes for the devs and everyone else that would use wine / crossover

Lord_of_Noob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 2nd, 2019, 03:47 PM
They've always said that a web client would be their support for other OSes.

You are, to my knowledge, the only person who has reported getting it to work at all on Linux. The last reports (many years ago) were that it wouldn't even start due to things that weren't implemented/supported by WINE at the time.

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 2nd, 2019, 07:14 PM
I've been checking WINE and RW off and on. The last time I checked it crashed as soon as I started it. I just tried it under the current WINE and it actually launches, as the op reports, but it crashes when attempting even the most trivial of actions. As far as I'm concerned that still isn't working in any real sense.

Even if Rob was to give out a comprehensive list of the function calls into the CLR that wouldn't be a comprehensive list due to all the 3rd party components. I'll keep checking in every so often, primarily when I managing a Linux project and I remember to check, periodically.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote