Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tashtego

Old February 18th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Is Lone Wolf going to negotiate an official license for D&D5?

Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 have already got one in place.

(I'm aware of the community pack, but think it would be great if Lone Wolf became an official licensee).
Tashtego is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 18th, 2017, 11:34 PM
We all want this to happen.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old February 23rd, 2017, 06:52 PM
I think in order to get the license LWD will almost have to have to price roughly the same as FG and Roll20.
Dervish is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 23rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
Oh it wont be cheap.

And Rob if you read this...

We know it won't be cheap and that's ok.

I would wager there are discussions taking place to include both Hero Lab and Realm Works in a license agreement. We have already seen staff come out and say that they are working towards what we want but we should expect it to take a while as these things don't move quickly. Now that was in the Realm Works circles not Hero Lab. But surely those discussions would be bundled.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Madshadows

Old February 25th, 2017, 09:04 AM
HL is already pretty expensive, well it is for us canucks (damnable exchange rates), I would consider a bit more but not too much, maybe as a paid add on to the main program. I expect it would be a cost per book which could add up pretty fast.
Madshadows is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 25th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Have a look at Pathfinder for Hero Lab. That will give you an idea of how it will work. Obviously we don't know the cost of the licensing but looking at Fantasy grounds you get a feel for how expensive a book is over there.

The consideration LWD need to make is how HL and RW content are sold together. If they come along and ask the same price as a hard cover book in HL and then do the same in RW people will just walk away I reckon. It will be too expensive. Yes they are different products, yes they have different effort in entering. But it's used as a single solution and single solutions are sold elsewhere for the a single cost.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lkj

Old February 25th, 2017, 04:15 PM
There was a time when the Lone Wolf folks would mention that they were working on a license, at least occasionally. Right before the SRD came out, it even sounded-- based on some podcast I heard-- that they were very close. Obviously that didn't work out. But it's been an awfully long time since I've seen any mention of an official license. I'm sure they want one, but it doesn't sound like it's particularly close. That seems to be the case with Realm Works anyway. Could be a different story with HL. But if they are linked . . .

Anyway, very glad the Community Pack exists and really appreciate all the work the community has put into it. (A few people in particular I suspect).

AD
Lkj is offline   #7 Reply With Quote