Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowWalker

Old September 23rd, 2018, 07:50 PM
I want to bootstrap a language based on Deity and being a divine caster.
At what point is the Hero.Divine tag applied to the hero?
if I try bootstrapping a language after pre-levels 10000 I get an error.
I'm guessing I need to change something in the language to get it to work, but not sure what. The language has no scripts.
ShadowWalker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 24th, 2018, 06:41 AM
Hero.Divine is intended to convey the max level of divine spells a character has access to, and is applied in "Calc Spells Available" at PostAttr 10000.

If your just looking for any divine casting, you're probably better off making the bootstrap condition something you can control (like a Custom Tag), then doing a foreach looking for any class helper with the CasterSrc.Divine tag, and if found applying the tag your condition is looking for.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old September 24th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Where do I put the script? A mechanic? How do I get the script to run?
Where do I define the custom tag to add?
ShadowWalker is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 25th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWalker View Post
Where do I put the script? A mechanic?
Presumeably you'd put it on whatever is granting the language, if you have authored that pick. If it's something you don't control, then a mechanic might work. I'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to accomplish, so I can only speak in generalities.

Quote:
How do I get the script to run?
I'm not sure what you're asking here? A script will run unless you tell it not to in that script.

Quote:
Where do I define the custom tag to add?
You can define a tag of the "Custom" group on any pick, even if it is used elsewhere.

For example, if you wanted to define the "Custom.123" tag, you would go to any pick in the editor, click the blue "Tags" button in the upper right, click on "click to add another tag" at the bottom, enter "Custom" in the space for "Group ID" and enter "123" in the space for "Tag ID". Save your change to the pick, and reload the game system, then your scripts should be able to apply the new tag as you need.

Note that not all Tag groups are dynamic and accept user created tags. You can't for example, create a new "Helper" tag. Custom is kind of a general catch all intended for users to mess around with and use as needed.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old September 26th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Presumeably you'd put it on whatever is granting the language, if you have authored that pick. If it's something you don't control, then a mechanic might work. I'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to accomplish, so I can only speak in generalities.
Each church has a language that is specific to it, so those that can cast divine spells have a language specific to that church.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking here? A script will run unless you tell it not to in that script.
I've tried putting scripts on mechanics and they don't run. I'm guessing it's because they need to be bootstrapped or some such. I really don't know how mechanics work at all.

Quote:
You can define a tag of the "Custom" group on any pick, even if it is used elsewhere.

For example, if you wanted to define the "Custom.123" tag, you would go to any pick in the editor, click the blue "Tags" button in the upper right, click on "click to add another tag" at the bottom, enter "Custom" in the space for "Group ID" and enter "123" in the space for "Tag ID". Save your change to the pick, and reload the game system, then your scripts should be able to apply the new tag as you need.

Note that not all Tag groups are dynamic and accept user created tags. You can't for example, create a new "Helper" tag. Custom is kind of a general catch all intended for users to mess around with and use as needed.
[/QUOTE]

I had no clue I could do this with tags. will make life easier. Thanks.
ShadowWalker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 26th, 2018, 12:32 PM
IIRC, Mechanics should be present on all characters by default. Unless you added a source to your mechanic and that source wasn't turned on, I don't know why a script on it wouldn't execute as you'd expect.

So the choice of a church is a pick the user adds to his character, and that is what bootstraps the language in question?

Is the church pick added to a configureable? If so, having the eval script run on the configurable would work fine. Otherwise, if they are not added to a configureable, and you are not able to use a mechanic, you could have it run from the church picks. That is less than ideal because then you'd need to add that same script to each such church pick.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old September 26th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I'll try the mechanic again and see if that works. I probably did something wrong with it.
ShadowWalker is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old September 26th, 2018, 09:20 PM
Is there a way to dynamically assign a Diety's preferred weapon? I'd like to have the player select a martial weapon with the martial weapon feat and have that be the preferred weapon.
ShadowWalker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 27th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Maybe it would be helpful if you posted the rules you're trying to emulate, along with how you're actually trying to program them in HL?
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old September 27th, 2018, 09:02 AM
I'm using the base pathfinder rules to play within the Harn environment. So much of what I'm doing is not rules specific as it's not specific to pathfinder rules.
The Harn gods have descriptions but nothing specific to d20, 3.5 etc. so I'm adding what I can.
I have one of the gods, Ilvir, as being very chaotic and as such the priests choose what weapon they want. Not sure how to do that. If not possible, that's fine, I'll make a weapon choice.
ShadowWalker is offline   #10 Reply With Quote