Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bgrimm

Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:32 AM
I too have left Realmworks behind for a lot of campaign work, my player groups really appreciate handouts. And the intimacy of talking and planning over a peice of paper rather than crouched behind a screen.
bgrimm is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
hollowheel

Old August 23rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
Asked them about this at GenCon. Doesn't look good. Bummer though. Other than a few interface issues, this thing is great.
hollowheel is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 24th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowheel View Post
Asked them about this at GenCon. Doesn't look good. Bummer though. Other than a few interface issues, this thing is great.
What makes you say this? What were you told and by whom?

There's no reason that I'm aware of for anyone on the team to have said something that should have led you to this conclusion. So please enlighten me.
rob is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
hollowheel

Old August 24th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Sure. This was my experience.

When asked about if/when printing/exporting was being added, the reps didn't give a date or an explanation. Instead they merely told me that Lonewolf had a forum to request such a feature be added. Since this thread has been going on since launch, and the rep didn't have a canned statement says to me that this is on an indefinite timeline. So definitely not a priority.

I'd like to be optimistic, but this sounds like at least 6 more months.

Last edited by hollowheel; August 24th, 2014 at 01:09 AM.
hollowheel is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 24th, 2014, 10:05 AM
That *IS* the "canned statement". It's the exact same thing we stated in the July newsletter and here on the forums a few weeks ago. Please see the link below for the complete details:
http://www.wolflair.com/news/newslet...2014/#rwfuture

I'm not sure how you translated that answer into "at least 6 more months", especially if you're being optimistic. If you had asked "When will Realm Works solve world hunger?" or absolutely any other "when will" question, the answer would have been the same. We are focused on Player Edition right now. Once that's done, we'll be determining what's next, and the Feature Requests threads will be a strong influence in that process.

We have one more Beta release planned for Player Edition in the upcoming days. It's our hope that this will be the last Beta release and we can shortly get Player Edition out the door. After that, we can start figuring out what's next.
rob is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Little Paris

Old August 24th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I also would like an export function, so I can generate handouts. But no stress... i Would also like a working calendar and to get the repository..... So many things in which way RealmWorks will help me.....
Little Paris is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
hollowheel

Old August 24th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
That *IS* the "canned statement". It's the exact same thing we stated in the July newsletter and here on the forums a few weeks ago. Please see the link below for the complete details:
http://www.wolflair.com/news/newslet...2014/#rwfuture

I'm not sure how you translated that answer into "at least 6 more months", especially if you're being optimistic. If you had asked "When will Realm Works solve world hunger?" or absolutely any other "when will" question, the answer would have been the same. We are focused on Player Edition right now. Once that's done, we'll be determining what's next, and the Feature Requests threads will be a strong influence in that process.

We have one more Beta release planned for Player Edition in the upcoming days. It's our hope that this will be the last Beta release and we can shortly get Player Edition out the door. After that, we can start figuring out what's next.
Wow. Sorry I brought it up.
hollowheel is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old August 25th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I could give two ***** about the players edition, the market place or web based player access.when i am done inputing my campaign I want to be able to export certain sections for offline use as my group will not be using the players edition of realmworks as we already have a solution for our presentation needs. So please Just give it to me straight are we ever getting printing and exporting if so can you even give a vague timeline on when so there is little speculation.
Dervish is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 25th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Dervish - I dont work for LWD, but I can say that a comment like that isnt likely to change the answer Rob gave. He, and the rest of the team, will be deciding whats next after the players version is complete.

The vagueness is neccesarry, i imagine, because at this point, they havent 100% decided which feature is next, and they are going to basis it, at least somewhat, based on the feature request thread.

Also, I dont think Rob at any point, or anyone from LWD, has ever said that wearent getting printing.

But lets say, Rob said, 'ok 2 months'. But then after a meeting they realized that the Feature Requests had made printing actually the third most requested feature. Should he stick to his answer and upset a greater portion of clients, or should he do the items that are more requested, and thus his vague answer would be completely off. And that would look worse.

I think their answers have been completely fair.

I know, I for one want printing, but would be VERY annoyed if Rob said 'ok, its next' and then pushed it back behind 2 or 3 other items. Id rather wait till after the player version comes out and hopefully LWD will put together a more definite plan of the next most important items.

Last edited by mirtos; August 25th, 2014 at 11:53 AM.
mirtos is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
hollowheel

Old August 25th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I sympathize with LWD regarding the difficulty of balancing features against available man hours.

I haven't followed the other feature request threads closely, because the software is fine as-is for me, except for the lack of print/export-- which is preventing me from using it. Therefore there might be a much more pressing issue that I'm ignorant of.

From my perspective (and I don't mean to sound be inflammatory), this is more a request to fix something functionally broken, than a feature request. I've never used a piece of software in which you input content, but are unable to re-purpose that content via print or export.
hollowheel is offline   #40 Reply With Quote