Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Alternity (user-created)

Notices

evildmguy

Old April 29th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I have put out the next release.

The about data files lists the updates, so I won't do that here. The only thing I will mention is that I did update how some tags worked and so when a character is re-loaded, you might have to repick their profession. (And if you are in advance mode, this would require you to go back to creation mode.) Once that is done and saved, there shouldn't be any problems.

As usual, let me know if anyone finds any issues.

I have been using my weekly group as a baseline for what I make work. To that end, PL5 characters can be made and tracked. Still room for improvements! But I think it's a really good 1.0 version.

I'm not sure what I will do next. At this point, data entry could be done by anyone and hopefully shared. If anyone is interested, or a lot are, I can certainly coordinate the effort so that only one person works on one book at a time so no duplicated effort. I will be doing the Dark*Matter Arms and Equipment, since that's what my group is doing and I want to test the editor.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Llyr

Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
I would be interested in helping with some of the data entry, but do not know how to do so with this project. Should I type it in then send it to you? In what format, ASCI? to where?

Also bug reports?

I am looking to be more involed, but am having issues finding an FAQ on how to participate.

Llyr
Llyr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kilthar

Old May 4th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Great work on making a versatile Alternity character manager.
If you require assistance with data input don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Chris
kilthar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyr View Post
I would be interested in helping with some of the data entry, but do not know how to do so with this project. Should I type it in then send it to you? In what format, ASCI? to where?

Also bug reports?

I am looking to be more involed, but am having issues finding an FAQ on how to participate.

Llyr
Thanks for the response! I appreciate it!

If you are familiar with the HL editor that should be all you need to enter things. However, you do bring up a good point with the FAQ and how to do it. There are a few things I need to explain. Or I could clean them up myself later once the data has been entered.

At this point, I have the data from the core PH entered. What I would need entered, in terms of weapons, armor and gear, is the stuff from the S*D and D*M A&E source books. To enter those, go into the editor, start a new file, then copy an existing item, such as a gun or armor, and then make the changes for the new version.

Hmm. Maybe I can make a document to show how to do this to get people started. But it's a good start for me and a good idea. So, thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilthar View Post
Great work on making a versatile Alternity character manager.
If you require assistance with data input don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Chris
What books do you have? Is there any particular data you want to enter for your own campaigns?

At this point, I have only entered a bit of D*M data for testing purposes. So, really anything could be done.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kilthar

Old May 6th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildmguy View Post
What books do you have? Is there any particular data you want to enter for your own campaigns?

At this point, I have only entered a bit of D*M data for testing purposes. So, really anything could be done.

Thanks!

edg
I believe I have all of the Alternity books.
Primarily I run an adventure based in the Star*Drive universe and use bits out of most of the additional books with the exception of FX.

So I'm more than happy to assist with any data entry including D*M.
Just give me a list of what you would like me to enter.

Feel free to email me at anytime.

Cheers,
Chris
kilthar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old May 9th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Sorry for the slow replies. Busy with a lot of things at the moment.

I have been thinking about what I want to do with this. Once I have a plan, I will share it here.

Thanks for the replies!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old May 10th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Here is what I am thinking.

I'm going to use the editor to enter data from the Dark*Matter A&E book. If I don't find any things that need to be changed, great! Otherwise, I will do those.

In the meantime, if you want to enter data from the Star*Drive A&E book and see if that works for you. Let me know if you find any problems. Or you can wait and see if I fix anything from entered data.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 10th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Are you going to have a mutation tab in the editor. I would start working on inputting Gamma World but there is no way to add mutations as of yet.
jbearwillis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old May 10th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
Are you going to have a mutation tab in the editor. I would start working on inputting Gamma World but there is no way to add mutations as of yet.
That's a good note. Thanks! I will put that in there.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #10 Reply With Quote