Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LordValerius

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Ok, I am about at my wits end...I have been trying to add the cleric domain Planning to my user file...which doesn't seem overly difficult, but I had asked ShadowChemosh the best way to do this and he suggested Replace ID for the current Planning domain in the system...I got a compile error when I just renamed the ID, so I added cdPlanning to the Replace Thing ID field on the right side and then saved and tested...It went to Compile and freezes. Upon axing the app and re-launching, it does the same thing and goes into Not Responding...If I remove the current user file, it launches but of course all my changes are no longer there and characters are orphaning things like vomit. Is my user file totally beyond repair?

Thanks.

Val
LordValerius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
No, there is obviously an error in how you tried to replace the Planning domain. Open your user file with a text editor, and search for all instances of cdPlanning and also the name you gave it when you just tried renaming it. Delete those things (they will be listed with a <thing> ... </thing>) and save the text file. Everything should work fine then, as my guess is when you renamed the Planning domain you messed up the user file, as you can't just rename things. You have to use the Duplicate button at the bottom, name the duplicate record to your new name, and put "cdPlanning" in its Replace Thing ID. Leave the original cdPlanning as is.

If you aren't confident doing that, you can send one of us your actual user file and we'll clean it up for you. Unfortunately, any changes you made to your version of the Planning domain will be lost, but if you scripted it, you should be able to recover the script from your user file when you find the thing that contains the script (you can copy it out and save it to a dummy text file). That's about all I can suggest at the moment, but you should be able to recover your user file sans the changes to the Planning domain (assuming that is the culprit).
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Thank you so much Kendall-DM....I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this mess I had on my hands...Thanks for responding in a manner I understood with no problem and you have helped save me a great deal of time in replacing all I had in that user file.

Thanks again for your help!

Val
LordValerius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote