Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

gaffneyks

Old July 22nd, 2017, 05:28 AM
ok: Our group rotates DMs, By using Realm Works in the last campaing that i just DM'd I talked the next DM into using it for the next campaign.

Problem:

He had the Players Copy, he just bought the GM copy. For the life of me we cannot get his computer to update to the GM copy. He clicks the link and downloads. Still players copy.

So I had him uninstall Realm Works, still players copy and tries to log him in as ID he used when he was a player in my realm. I assume he wants to use same id but this will not let him create a realm.

Had him uninstall realm works again, told him to go into his appdata local folder and delete realm works, then walked him thru Rededit and had him delete the reg keys for realm works.

Still once he re installs, it still shows his old id, so it still has data from somewhere and he cannot create a realm.

Allowing someone to spend more $$$ on LWD products and upgrade should not be this hard. I just bought the 5e Kobold Press stuff for Hero Lab and it was a simple click, the hardest thing was entering my credit card info cause i am a moron and can't type.

Any thoughts or help?
Please tell me this is something simple that we are missing.

Last edited by gaffneyks; July 22nd, 2017 at 05:33 AM.
gaffneyks is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 22nd, 2017, 06:50 AM
An e-mail to support will generally sort these sorts of problems out.

They don't have a standard upgrade path in place (yet) for going from Player version to GM version.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 22nd, 2017, 08:39 AM
You have to delete/move/rename the master.realm file and create a new login with the GM version info. The Realm Works Locations tool in my signature can get you to the right folder.

Uninstalling Realm Works doesn't touch the master.realm file.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote