Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Elkad

Old July 9th, 2017, 09:46 AM
I'm specifically wondering about defending my license for people with access to my machine.

If I have friends (and friends of friends, and the pizza delivery girl who brings extra samples to submit to my Chocolate Lab for "testing") wandering in and out on game night and let them use HeroLab on one of my PCs, can they just hit "view license info", snap a cellphone pic, and steal my copy?

Or, even worse, change the assigned email address from within HeroLab, in which case I'd lose my whole account?

And yes, "get better friends" is the preferred method. My core group I trust enough to leave my wallet lying around unattended. But they bring others sometimes.
Elkad is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 9th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Your e-mail address isn't stored inside Hero Lab, so it isn't possible for them to log in to the web site to change your e-mail address.

I also think that they can't enter your license key into Hero Lab without your e-mail address.

(But then, I have a different e-mail address for everything, so people can't always guess what mine is.)
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote