Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalasan View Post
The latest errors relate to missing Critical Information messages. I understand from the version notes that these will not break the character, but it is annoying to say the least. I can't be bothered editing .xml files each time it requires fixing.
So its hard to put a space in your character's name and then save it? That is all that is required to have HL stop giving you a warning message about sources. No requirement to go in and modify an XML and if you are doing that its your choice to do it the super hard way.

Also this is done 100% free by the community who are like you users of HL. They have no special training by LW. Many of my editors are NOT professional coders and have very busy lives with work, wives, and children. They do this in their spare time with no compensation for their time in anyways. Other than a thanks.

If you don't want to use the addon that is your choice but bad mouthing people that did allot of hard work and then gave that hard work to you for FREE is very bad form. That will cause me to defend them very loudly.

We do our best to make the impact as small as possible to gamers but sometimes we will make mistakes. Also if you need to you can simply go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Addons" to remove the data package if it was causing issues. That would then again allow the other .user files to load.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So its hard to put a space in your character's name and then save it? That is all that is required to have HL stop giving you a warning message about sources. No requirement to go in and modify an XML and if you are doing that its your choice to do it the super hard way.
ShadowChemosh: I seem to be getting the same error. While the .user files load, I am getting errors about "One or more required sources are not accessible for hero "Unnamed Hero", etc.

This happens when I load a saved portfolio for my character who is a Psychic Warrior.

I'm not sure how to do the "space in my character's name", since I can't load the portfolio...although I do know that my character's name is blank.

Edit: I just went into the portfolio and edited it to insert the heroname field. Now, I still get the error, excepting that it now correctly identifies my character's name as I gave it.

Here's the series of errors:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\DAX~1.LAW\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_lo ad_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Tuck'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Classes'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Feats'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Items'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Powers'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Races'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Skills'
Chained pick 'fSimple' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '359'
Chained pick 'cPWaAscEP' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '512'
Pick 'cWPaAscPow' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '512'
Pick 'cWPaAscPow' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '512'

Attempt to access non-live linkage pick 'table' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseFeat' (Eval Script 'Feat Source Tags') near line 4
- - -
Attempt to access non-live pick via script fails for pick 'cHelpPWa'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseFeat' (Eval Script 'Feat Source Tags') near line 4
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseFeat' (Eval Script '#2') near line 7
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
Attempt to access non-live linkage pick 'helper' from script
Location: 'label' script for Template 'cPick' (in Portal 'hitdice') near line 8
- - -
- - -
Attempt to access non-live linkage pick 'helper' from script
- - -

Last edited by Quintain; October 2nd, 2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: error messages added to post
Quintain is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Amalasan

Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
I just tried this and it didn't work. It removed some of the error messages, but I am still getting all these:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_is sues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Classes'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Powers'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Psionics Unleashed Skills'

In regard to this comment:
Quote:
Also this is done 100% free by the community who are like you users of HL. They have no special training by LW. Many of my editors are NOT professional coders and have very busy lives with work, wives, and children. They do this in their spare time with no compensation for their time in anyways. Other than a thanks.
I specifically said thanks in my first post. I really appreciate the effort that goes into the community datasets. The Community Beastiary and your Adjustments are super useful and work really well. This Psionics Unleashed one WILL be really good, but isn't quite there yet in terms of playing nice with everything else.

I didn't mean to cause offence, I should have said it differently. I was coming from a position of frustration as the last few Psionics updates have landed just before my regular game and my portfolio and the portfolio's of the other players have been broken by it, wasting time hacking about just before the game.
Amalasan is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalasan View Post
I didn't mean to cause offence, I should have said it differently. I was coming from a position of frustration as the last few Psionics updates have landed just before my regular game and my portfolio and the portfolio's of the other players have been broken by it, wasting time hacking about just before the game.
Ok no problem. I was having a bad day at work and when I read the post I took it to be worse than you intended. I don't normally care when its directed at me but I tend to be easily offended with comes to the other Editors. So if no offense meant than none taken and I apologize for my words then also.

So at this point things look stranger than I had expected. I had assumed a few warnings about "Source" missing and the Dirtying up the profile, making any change and saving again, would clear them all up. As that is not the case I need to dig deeper into this.

To do this I need to be able to duplicate the issues. Could both Amalasan and Quintain send me the .por files that are not working. You can email me at "my Forum User id @yahoo.com". That way I can actually see and play around to figure what is going on.

=========================
So was thinking last night and figured I should mention that if you wish you can "ROLL" back to a earlier version of Psionics Unleashed if you wish. You can actually do this with any and all the Community Data sets I release through the Powered by HL feature.

Step 1 - THIS link will take you to the folder on my server where I store ALL of the .hl files. I never erase the old versions so you can follow it and download "PsonicsUnleashed_v1.4.hl". Put this somewhere you can find it.

Step 2 - Start HL and Pathfinder. Then go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". On the new window select "Psionics Unleashed v1.6" and click "Delete".

Step 3 - Close down HL. Double click on "PsonicsUnleashed_v1.4.hl" which will start HL and the install process. Install v1.4.

Step 4- When you start HL it will give a message about needing to update PU but you can ignore and start Pathfinder. I think it asks again if you wish to update just say No.

===============
This way you can go back to a version that is more correctly working for you while we work this out. Though it will go easier if I have those .por files actually. Being able to see and duplicate the problem will help a great deal in fixing the issues.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 3rd, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Neddy

Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hi you have do great job, but when a try to make Psion i got the same message and each time i edit my character to,

bonus before round 0
- - -
bonus after round 0

I can change nothing, i got always this message i have to clic on OK each time.
My be is just easy this
Thank

sorry for my english

Thack for the reply

Last edited by Neddy; October 3rd, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
Neddy is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Shadow,

Profile Sent.
Quintain is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Amalasan

Old October 4th, 2012, 06:23 AM
I've also sent my portfolio.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Amalasan is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I have the profiles from all three of you and I am looking into it. Hopefully I have something soon.....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I have the same problem as Neddy.
jbearwillis is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
I have the same problem as Neddy.
I have that fixed and a fix for MACs fixed in 1.6a. Plus some other misc changes.

You can manually download 1.6a to your desktop and then double click it to start the install process. Feel free to install and let me know if your issue goes away.

I am still working and will release 1.7 soon...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #130 Reply With Quote