Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

BusterBluth

Old November 13th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hey, it's great to see the Kingdom building stuff on HL now. Is there documentation on how to use this?

Is there a way that consumption is subtracted from BPs by the application? I can see where it calculates consumption, but it'd be nice if the app did this for you. So if I had 10 armies in the field for a kingdom, will it automatically take out their calculated consumption?

The print to PDF seems to only output the Journal tab. Looks like this isn't fully implemented yet.

Does the app assume only 1 city per hex? I can't remember if the rules make that assumption, but it looks like a hex can have improvements or 1 settlement. I would think a hex could hold more than 1 settlement.

Can hexes be transferred from 1 kingdom to another? or do they have to manually deleted from 1 and then recreated in the other?
BusterBluth is offline   #431
Katowice

Old November 17th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Could you add the different kinds of insanity (from the GameMastery Guide) to the conditions tab in the next release? It should probably also show up on the character sheet, as insanity can be a persistent condition/state.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/m...ndMadness.html

Last edited by Katowice; November 17th, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Katowice is offline   #432
Torgoth

Old November 18th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I'm reviewing Hero Labs in Demo Mode and I like what I see that I'm going to get on-board with members of my Pathfinder group.

However, there was one functionality that I noticed was missing that would be extremely helpful for those of us that print our sheets to take into play away from our computer... That would be the ability to define and print Weapons Sets. I did a preliminary search of the Forums, and I didn't see this being discussed elsewhere.

Example: I have a Fighter who has several weapons at his disposal, but obviously can't be used at the same time.
> Weapon Set #1 is my primary weapon of choice, a 2 handed polearm... A Glaive in my case.
> Weapon Set #2 is my secondary weapon of choice is a ranged weapon... A Shortbow in my case.
> Weapon Set #3 is my tertiary weapon choice which involves a main and offhand weapon for getting sneaky, or even up close and personal where neither of the above will suit. In may case a Buckler and a Flaming Burst Dagger, or a Scimitar and Kukri combo.

Just citing an example. I know most people don't get all that complicated, but when one of the purposes of using Hero Labs is to have it correctly tabulate and print your bonuses and such to manage characters and speed up game play, changing up your weapons can change more than a few bonuses.

Food for thought as development continues, but I'm sure this suggestion is not unique to me or Pathfinder.

Cheers!
Torgoth is offline   #433
sambomb

Old November 24th, 2013, 05:20 AM
One thing that still annoy me is the favored class bonus, at each new level should replicate the last choose!
sambomb is offline   #434
Jamz

Old November 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I know this probably has been discussed but thought I'd ask/share as I have a proposed "solution"(?) as it came up in our game last night.

Adding Ammo to a Ranged weapon. (ie +2 arrow of shock & +1 longbow of flaming = +2 longbow of shock & flaming)

Would it be feasible (and possibly easier code wise and management wise) to make Ranged Weapons that take Ammunition as a custom container? You then just click on the arrow stack and send it to your bow which then combines it?

And may be nice if the container only allowed 1 stack so adding a 2nd stack of ammo overrides the first so it's quicker to change ammo? (although not necessary).

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #435
Aaron

Old November 25th, 2013, 04:02 PM
That might be possible, as I understand Shadowrun does something similar, but it would likely entail a large chunk of work.
Aaron is offline   #436
wootersl

Old November 26th, 2013, 08:38 AM
In the Kingdom Building section. It would be nice to add a customized building. I know there are lots of ideas out there for customized buildings (like a shipyard. how could the main rules not have a shipyard??) and it would be nice to add them (along with setting calculable variables for thos buildings). Sort of like customized magic items.
wootersl is offline   #437
Nikmal

Old November 27th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Listing item hardness and hit points someplace?? If this is ever possible? Or having a place to do so in adjustments.
Nikmal is offline   #438
SeeleyOne

Old November 30th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Archetypes need a way to be able to change the casting type. For example, so we can have a Magus that will cast spells spontaneously (using the Bard spells known, per day) instead of having a spellbook.

Also, there needs to be an easy way to add a new spellcasting class. like "uses Wizard spell list" or "uses Magus spell list" or whatever.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #439
EricaOdd

Old December 1st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Is there an option for Trap Building? If so, forgive my ignorance.

There are races and classes/class archetypes that commonly build traps, and there are formulae in the Core Book for determining the effects and CR of a trap. Is that something that could or should be added to HL?
EricaOdd is offline   #440
Closed Thread