Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TRIPLEH5133

Old July 27th, 2019, 08:02 AM
I just started receiving the following error and due to the naming, I am assuming that I'm in the right thread:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fcSoPXGbSW' (Eval Script '#1') on line 6
-> Non-existent field 'DC' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fcSoPXGnIn' (Eval Script '#1') on line 8
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fcSoPXGnSy' (Eval Script '#1') on line 8
TRIPLEH5133 is offline   #741 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 27th, 2019, 08:19 AM
I'm not saying that your issue is specifically this, but out of date addons is the most likely culprit.

If you have any of these, update to the latest version:
- Spheres of Might, v 1.4
- Spheres of Power, v 1.37
- Spheres of Power: Expanded Options v 1.7
- Spheres of Power Shapeshifter's Handbook v 1.5
- Spheres of Power Creator's Handbook v 1.0
- Spheres of Power Nyctomancer's Handbook v 1.2
- Destroyer's Handbook v 1.7
- Spheres of Power Diviner's Handbook v 1.8
- Spheres of Power Enhancer's Handbook v 1.2
- Spheres of Power Vivomancer's Handbook v 1.1
- Spheres of Power Illuminator's Handbook v 1.2
- Spheres of Power Mentalist's Handbook v 1.2
- Spheres of Power Geomancer's Handbook v 1.4
- Spheres of Power Telekinetic's Handbook v 1.4
- Spheres of Power Battlemage's Handbook v 1.2

I believe I have the lastest versions of each of the available handbooks that are Spheres related.
No issues with Hero Lab.

Not saying that is your issue, but I've had similar errors in the past, and updating to the most recent version of each was my fix.
Ualaa is offline   #742 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old July 27th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Also, even if you think you have the most uptodate version, better redownload again.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #743 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old July 27th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLEH5133 View Post
I just started receiving the following error and due to the naming, I am assuming that I'm in the right thread:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fcSoPXGbSW' (Eval Script '#1') on line 6
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fcSoPXGnIn' (Eval Script '#1') on line 8
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fcSoPXGnSy' (Eval Script '#1') on line 8
Yep, correct thread. These errors are from an outdated version of Expanded Options, and updating that package (even if Hero Lab doesn't indicate that a newer version is available) should fix the error.
TheIronGolem is offline   #744 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old July 27th, 2019, 08:01 PM
One more small bug report:

The Shadowboxing combat talent isn't properly replacing the total skill bonuses for Acrobatics and Intimidate if they're lower. It should be doing whatever magic Versatile Performance does to get the swapped bonus.

The Armor Training and Conscript Weapon Training specializations for Conscript are'nt working right for interactions with other things using armor/weapon training (gloves of dueling, Advanced Weapon Training, etc). I'm guessing it's just applying a bonus directly, but instead it should probably be hooking into whatever preexisting mechanics exist for weapon training, like whatever the Martial Focus feat is doing.

Brute sphere doesn't seem to be granting unarmed strike damage or qualifying as Improved Unarmed Strike like it should be.

Last edited by Roadie; July 28th, 2019 at 03:45 PM.
Roadie is offline   #745 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old July 29th, 2019, 03:57 AM
I am considering purchasing this package, but have a few questions I hope can be answered where this would be the first time I bought a package from a 3rd party per se RPGNet.

1.) I have 4 licenses linked in Hero Lab, My desktop, laptop, my son's desktop and laptop. If I buy the package will it show up in all 4 similar to Herolab or do I have the right to install any user files et al on all 4? Just don't see paying $30.00 4 times for one would essentially be one book in our library.

2. What about how the updates are handled, I think I found it in one of the earlier posts now, but want to be sure.

3. In character creation do you just select the class say a Druid and then assign it a sphere of power or does Sphere of Powers give you a whole new Druid.

That is the basic questions I have and may help me decide on the purchase. Thank you for your help.
Sturmrider is offline   #746 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old July 29th, 2019, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmrider View Post
1.) I have 4 licenses linked in Hero Lab, My desktop, laptop, my son's desktop and laptop. If I buy the package will it show up in all 4 similar to Herolab or do I have the right to install any user files et al on all 4? Just don't see paying $30.00 4 times for one would essentially be one book in our library.
Whether you have the "right" to install the package on all of your systems, having purchased a single copy, is a copyright question that is well beyond my pay grade. That said, if your HL licenses are linked such that purchasing one data package through Lone Wolf's own store activates it across all your licenses (I'm not fully clear on how that works myself), then I would expect Drop Dead Studios to be okay with you sharing a copy of SoP across those particular Hero Lab installs as well. Please bear in mind that DDS is a small publisher working very hard to produce quality content, and contact them if you have any legal or otherwise non-technical questions about their products.

Quote:
2. What about how the updates are handled, I think I found it in one of the earlier posts now, but want to be sure.
Whenever I produce a data package for sale, I include a readme file that contains a set of instructions for how to set up updates for that package. It's basically a "secret URL" that tells HL where to find the latest published version of that particular package. Once that is set up, HL will detect new versions as they become available, much like it does with first-party content.

Quote:
3. In character creation do you just select the class say a Druid and then assign it a sphere of power or does Sphere of Powers give you a whole new Druid.
This question suggests that you aren't currently very familiar with Spheres of Power as a system. As such, I would recommend you go to this wiki and get to know the basics of the system before you make any purchasing decisions. That wiki is an independent site which (to my knowledge) has no affiliation with DDS, but it is a very helpful resource for getting to know the spheres system.

But to kinda-sorta answer your question here and now, I will say that the spheres system allows you to convert characters of existing Paizo classes via archetypes, but also provides many classes of its own that are designed from the ground up to use the spheres system. Whether it is best to use one or the other, or a mixture of both, is a matter of taste and the particulars of your own campaign setting.
TheIronGolem is offline   #747 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old July 29th, 2019, 05:45 AM
Thank you for the quick answers IronGolem. Yes the 4 licenses are linked when I purchased the first license I noticed you got 2 activations with it. I used one on my laptop the other on the desktop. I then contacted them and found you could add other activations with a small fee for the program. I then did this. Now all data packages purchased on any of the 4 are usable by all 4 it just shows up as an update.

It is like buying a book, but everyone in the house can use it. I have to admit it was a good feature for my son and I.

I found the update post a little late. The classes I guess confused me a little even after reading some of the wiki on it. I noticed the classes, but may have missed how the archetypes worked. I will take another look.

Again thank you for your feedback.
Sturmrider is offline   #748 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old July 29th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Quote:
The classes I guess confused me a little even after reading some of the wiki on it. I noticed the classes, but may have missed how the archetypes worked. I will take another look.
If it helps, I would suggest you start with this page first, as the classes tend to be written under an assumption that the reader already understands the fundamentals of the spheres system. Then, from there, read up on one or two of the individual spheres to get a feel for how talents improve on a base sphere. After that, the classes should be easier to understand.
TheIronGolem is offline   #749 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old July 29th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Will do. Thank you very much IronGolem.
Sturmrider is offline   #750 Reply With Quote