Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

sandor7

Old October 14th, 2017, 05:18 PM
I'm running a hexblade warlock. The Hex Warrior feature says "when attacking with a melee weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the twohanded property, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls." This is not reflected on the attack and damage modifiers. Why is the charisma modifier not reflected in the attack and damage, and how do i fix it?
sandor7 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:38 AM
In the short-term, you can manually use both an attack and damage adjustment on the weapon you want to make up the difference with.

In the long run, you'll want to find the Community UA file that has the hexblade, and rewrite the script on that class ability to loop through your equipped weapons that don't have the two-handed property. You'll have to remove the dex/str bonuses somehow - then add a bonus based on your charisma bonus. It will obviously have to run post-attribute or later.

If you want the community authors to try and fix it, you'll want to head over to github and open a ticket so it gets on their radar.

Github link:
https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sandor7

Old October 15th, 2017, 02:58 PM
(resolved)
github suggested i activate HEX WARRIOR under the In-Play tab. that was exactly what i needed.
sandor7 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote