Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

manchuwook

Old July 28th, 2014, 01:12 PM
So I'd like to write a function in HL that will post fields from an open character to a webservice, either by pushing a button or having a timer function update it. The purpose is to have a website with initiative tracker and some useful data, such as name, player, character image, current/max health, buffs, etc. Also, the option to have a dice icon next to the skill/weapon so it can push the results (or do the rolling on the site).

Is there an API or something that I can call to do that? I can do the website portion on my own, but it would be nice to be able to hand off the data from hero lab without having to do constant XML exports.
manchuwook is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 28th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Hi there,

We don't support doing this in Hero Lab directly, but you can read content out of a Hero Lab saved portfolio and send it up to a server yourself.

Check out the "Reading Hero Lab Saved Portfolios" section of the Hero Lab manual - that should give you the information you need to get started.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote