Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 29th, 2010, 02:30 PM
For sjwilliamsii and wiper, are you running 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows?

I just want to see if there is a pattern here or not, in case that has anything to do with the issue.
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
wiper

Old December 30th, 2010, 08:29 AM
It's 64-bit Windows 7 on my end (on a Dell Studio laptop, if that's at all relevant)
wiper is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Swamprat33

Old December 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I have same issue on Win 7 64.
Tim
Swamprat33 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
KiwiGuy

Old December 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I had the same issue with Win 7 32bit.

However another problem because of this is because I'm currently on deployment and I'm sitting behind a proxy on a very crappy internet link I cannot connect to the licensing server or the update server for that matter as Ab has no proxy settings.

So I did the manual relicense and copied the ABKey.lic file to my C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Army Builder folder like it told me too and its still running in demo mode.

Since I'm on tour its not the end of the world, however I would like to be able to use it over here so I can keep tweaking my army lists.

Last edited by KiwiGuy; December 30th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
KiwiGuy is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:05 PM
KiwiGuy, go into Army Builder and choose Tools -> Explore Folders -> Program Data Folder. Move your abkey.lic file in there, and restart Army Builder. Does that work?
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
DorrieB

Old January 5th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Same thing. I accepted the upgrade to 3.3 and then it claimed that it was too soon to 'reassign' my license number. I haven't changed anything about my computer and this is the only computer on which I use Army Builder. Windows 7-64, if that helps.

Since I _do_ need to use it now, and not in two or three days, what I've done is uninstall it completely and then reinstalled the old version, which works fine. I'll check in now and then and accept the upgrade when you've sorted out this very horrible mess.
DorrieB is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2011, 02:33 PM
DorrieB, and anyone else experiencing this issue - please see this post:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....66&postcount=8

For an explanation of what happens in almost every technical support case I see about this. You should be able to get back up and running easily using a secondary license.
Colen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
DorrieB

Old January 8th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Colen, you write "In my experience, this generally happens when you install Army Builder using the same license number on two computers." As I *said*, this is the only computer on which I have or have ever had Army Builder, and I haven't changed anything about it (except tried to upgrade to 3.3).

I'm afraid there is a problem at your end.
DorrieB is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 8th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Ah, I see. Can you send an email with your license number to colen@wolflair.com? I'll check your details and see if there's some sort of problem on our end.
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Cryda

Old January 13th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I haven't had problems with the process. I thought I did but it I just have to wait for the new license--but the program still works. I was a little ticked because I thought I would be down for 3 days waiting for a license--not true.

I take it back--I can only run in demo mode. Unfortunately I have a game on Sat. This is really irritating--doesn't make me want to buy any additional software from LoneWolf when it's more important to them to protect against non-customers than satisfy existing customers. If it's going to take up to three days to get a license out why don't you provide a license grace period of three days before you just shut down your customers that paid for your software. Or why don't you have the user apply for a new license before you allow them to go through the upgrade. Or why don't you provide a pop-up warning (attention getting warning) that you could go down for three days if you upgrade. Geez.

Last edited by Cryda; January 13th, 2011 at 08:51 PM.
Cryda is offline   #20 Reply With Quote