Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dave_in_tx

Old August 14th, 2015, 10:38 AM
I'm trying to set-up my 11th lvl ranger with Point Blank Master but can't see to get it set-up. I have the following set-up:

Special: Starting at 6th level, a ranger with the archery combat style may select Point Blank Master as a combat style feat, but he must have Weapon Focus instead of Weapon Specialization in the selected weapon.

Weapon focus is set to longbow. But I'm not finding the Point Blank Master in Combat style. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Dave_in_TX
dave_in_tx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 14th, 2015, 11:02 AM
The problem here is probably the same thing as when you were asking about snap shot and ShadowChemosh answered you. Point Blank Master is from the APG.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 14th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Yep as Aaron said. If your having trouble remembering where a Feat, Archetype, Magic item comes from I recommend d20pfsrd.com. If go to d20pfsrd.com and look up the feat which has a section at the bottom of the page for Copyright info. That will tell you where the Thing is from.

So in example for Point Blank Master you can see it is from the Advanced Players Guide.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dave_in_tx

Old August 14th, 2015, 01:43 PM
I have the Advanced Players Guide and the feat shows up in my list, but it shows a prerequisite of weapon specialization and as a ranger I use weapon focus (longbow). According to the description weapon focus should work for a ranger to use Point Blank but it doesn't.

Davd_in_TX
dave_in_tx is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old August 14th, 2015, 02:05 PM
If you mean the text. It will just show the default text of what the prerequisites is.

You sure you are selecting it from the rangers tab under the bonus feats? And do you see the requirement mentioned in red text as actual error? Maybe supply a screenshot or the actual portfolio so we might pinpoint it better.

Just created a level 11 ranger and seems to work just fine (If anything I would need to fill out a bug report for not even checking for if there is a weapon focus on the hero).

Last edited by Togainu; August 14th, 2015 at 02:13 PM.
Togainu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dave_in_tx

Old August 14th, 2015, 02:25 PM
"You sure you are selecting it from the rangers tab under the bonus feats?"

Nope I was looking in the wrong place, thanks! I'll have to wait on my next combat feat to get this.

Dave_in_TX
dave_in_tx is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old September 19th, 2015, 03:45 AM
I also have an issue with this feat.

Ranger just made level 10 and chose to take Point Blank Master. I added it from the Bonus Feat list just fine. I select Longbow for it, but because I don't have the Weapon Focus feat for longbow, it remains red and I get a validation error for it.

Since prerequisites do not need to be met for Combat Style Bonus Feats, shouldn't the Validator not warn about this?
Lonewolf147 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 19th, 2015, 03:54 AM
"Special: Starting at 6th level, a ranger with the archery combat style may select Point Blank Master as a combat style feat, but he must have Weapon Focus instead of Weapon Specialization in the selected weapon."

Yes, the rule is that "normal prerequisites don't have to be met for Combat Styles", but the specific details of the Point Blank Master feat state you DO have to meet the Weapon Focus pre-req.
Dami is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old September 19th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Gotcha

Thanks
Lonewolf147 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote