Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Minous

Old November 19th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Shadow, I had to revert back to the previous release of everything due to the validation errors. But I did backport the pS2GenEqSl and pS2EqSlots (via direct XML copy paste). I am looking to use similar logic to rewrite one of my own things, but Im using the editor and I cannot locate where pS2GenEqSl is visible. Given the wording on it, I expected it to appear in the General=>Ability's tab but its not there. However it does work so I know that its installed correctly.....
Minous is offline   #1401 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 19th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Shadow, I had to revert back to the previous release of everything due to the validation errors. But I did backport the pS2GenEqSl and pS2EqSlots (via direct XML copy paste). I am looking to use similar logic to rewrite one of my own things, but Im using the editor and I cannot locate where pS2GenEqSl is visible. Given the wording on it, I expected it to appear in the General=>Ability's tab but its not there. However it does work so I know that its installed correctly.....

If the only errors you were getting were validation errors, why did you bother? You can silence validation errors from printout, and as long as you know that the validation errors are cosmetic only, you can just ignore the problem until it's fixed.
LazarX is offline   #1402 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 20th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Quote:
But I did backport the pS2GenEqSl and pS2EqSlots (via direct XML copy paste). I am looking to use similar logic to rewrite one of my own things, but Im using the editor and I cannot locate where pS2GenEqSl is visible. Given the wording on it, I expected it to appear in the General=>Ability's tab but its not there. However it does work so I know that its installed correctly.....
pS2GenEqSl is using a component type that can NOT be seen in the HL editor. The only way to work with it is to use XML.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1403 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old November 20th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
pS2GenEqSl is using a component type that can NOT be seen in the HL editor. The only way to work with it is to use XML.
Welp that would explain why I couldnt find it Ill go ahead and try converting my code to use this format.
Minous is offline   #1404 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 20th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Shadow, quick question. Would it be easier for you if I combined all the modern files into one user file? IDK, either way is fine, just what works best for you.
No one giant file is bad. Really really bad! Don't do this please.

P.S. - I have to assume you are not using GitHub correct? Because I am now modifying the Modern files to make fixes. This means I have modifications and you have modifications. So I will have to manually merge the stuff back together?

You should really start using GitHub and SourceTree. Then one you finish "ONE" set of changes that are working on you can commit them. If you did this instead of HUGE changes to the files you would be able to keep things more organized and the small changes would go to the community.

Its always better to work in SMALL changes one at a time then massive re-writes of whole sections of code.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1405 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 20th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Welp that would explain why I couldnt find it Ill go ahead and try converting my code to use this format.
You most likely can use standard General->Ability thing to do what you want and then you could work inside the editor.

Copy my XML and change the compset="GenericAb" to be compset="Ability"

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1406 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old November 20th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Ok, NP. IDK if it was any easier for you or not. My goal is to keep you and everyone's bug issues with this to a zero (hopefully). I looked at GitHub and SourceTree and at a quick glance, it seemed above what I can do. You have to write in code, correct? I am still kind of "find something close" and puzzle it together. But if it's just uploading the user file at the end of the day. I can do that.

I attached what I have ATM, I am able to work on it a little bit each day. Let take a second look at GitHub and SourceTree and see if I can figure it out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip COM_PackModern_Nov_20_2017.zip (939.7 KB, 1 views)
Frodie is offline   #1407 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 20th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Ok, NP. IDK if it was any easier for you or not. My goal is to keep you and everyone's bug issues with this to a zero (hopefully). I looked at GitHub and SourceTree and at a quick glance, it seemed above what I can do. You have to write in code, correct? I am still kind of "find something close" and puzzle it together. But if it's just uploading the user file at the end of the day. I can do that.

I attached what I have ATM, I am able to work on it a little bit each day. Let take a second look at GitHub and SourceTree and see if I can figure it out.
You use HL editor just like normal. SourceTree detects which files you changed and allows you to do a Commit to GitHub of those changes. So you don't have to do any thing different in HL editor.

The fun is making sure you do the PULL of new changes down before you PUSH up to GitHub.

Your attached file is good to go then? Its at a good release stage or no?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1408 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 20th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaefin View Post
The Mind Shield, non-tower shield version, is implemented with a Max Dex of +0. I believe this is supposed to be no Max Dex as opposed to +0 Max Dex. This does not seem to be working yet.
Yep I see what I did wrong... Really fixed this time.

Quote:
There are Concentration skills for all of the Psychic classes with standard casting abilities. Can one get added for the Soulknife with either of the Gifted Blade options turned on?
This is added, but is calculating incorrectly.
I pull values directly stored in HL and they are what appear to be wrong. A first level Wilder is showing a value of +6 for Concentration by HL. So that is what I am actually displaying. I will have to report an official bug to get this fixed.

Quote:
Conferred Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed "Beastform Mutagen" issues of wrong values 90 instead of 120. In addition prevented multiple adjustments from turning on by mistake.
The 120 values have been corrected to 90, but there are still multiple adjustments turning on. This may just be for Rake.
I found the issue with Rake as it was also turning on Pounce. This is fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1409 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old November 20th, 2017, 10:47 AM
You can add the files, that is fine. I am going through everything looking for bugs. I am maybe 1/4 through all the material. Would a different thread for everyone to report bugs for just the modern files, work better than posting on this one?
Also I guess I need to write up something on what I have done so far. I'll do that now and post it here.

Last edited by Frodie; November 20th, 2017 at 10:50 AM.
Frodie is offline   #1410 Reply With Quote