Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Quintain

Old April 3rd, 2016, 08:02 AM
Does anyone know if the Hero Lab software can handle having sub-directories in the game folders?
Quintain is offline   #671 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2016, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stahlkker View Post
I don't know if this is the correct thread to post this in, but I hope someone can help me...

Been away from HL for a while (a lil over a year now) come back because I just joined a new table replacing another person and the GM uses HL exclusively ( he even bought enough licenses for all the other players to use it). after doing all the updates I got this error message when loading the PF module:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP74ExEn' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'raShaSunlP' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArPR' (Eval Script '#6') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'raSucProfG' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArRd' (Eval Script '#2') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'raSucEnerD' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP77WEnD' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'raNigEnerD' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rauWWChanS' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
-> Non-existent thing 'raWinBreaW' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script

anyone know what this is and how to fix???
Sorry just saw this post. The above errors are happening because you loaded the GM Pack but don't have the official license for the Bestiary's. Each Pack currently requires an official LW license (except the Basic Pack). This is listed when you installed and on the FIRST post.

See FAQ#13 for how to fix.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #672 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 3rd, 2016, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Does anyone know if the Hero Lab software can handle having sub-directories in the game folders?
Yes it ignores sub-folders. So if you put .user files into a sub-folder of Pathfinder HL will NOT read it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #673 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 3rd, 2016, 10:00 AM
With the Gestalt option, in the community pack, a Drow Noble has spell resistance equal to 11 + their class levels.
This is being calculated off of everything, instead of just off of the Gestalt. For example, a Gestalt 10 / Fighter 10 / Rogue 10 is being given a spell resistance of 41 (11+10+10+10), when they should have one of 21 (11+10).

I'm just applying an adjustment, as a simple fix.
Ualaa is offline   #674 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 3rd, 2016, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
With the Gestalt option, in the community pack, a Drow Noble has spell resistance equal to 11 + their class levels.
This is being calculated off of everything, instead of just off of the Gestalt. For example, a Gestalt 10 / Fighter 10 / Rogue 10 is being given a spell resistance of 41 (11+10+10+10), when they should have one of 21 (11+10).

I'm just applying an adjustment, as a simple fix.
Gestalt still has allot of bugs in it like this. I hopeful to make time in the near future to work on it this addon again.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #675 Reply With Quote
jrcchicago

Old April 4th, 2016, 06:51 AM
In case anyone else has a similar issue:

When I tried loading an "Evil Eye" from the Encounter Builder (found in the GMPack, source is Ronin Adventures Iconic Bestiary), it did not show the gaze attacks (from the eye stalks and central eye) at all. I tried deleting and reinstalling the GMPack, tried checking all of the tabs, etc. Finally, I went into the editor and fiddled a bit. Gaze Attacks showed up under "General-->Abilities," and although "Show in Special" was checked, it clearly did not. After some trial and error, I found that going into "Special Ability Type" and checking "Spell-like ability" -- while leaving "Special Attack" checked -- did the trick. The gaze attacks now show up both on the "Special" tab and the "Spells" tab, with all of the information in the note.
jrcchicago is offline   #676 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 5th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Bug Report: The Elan Cryptic Favored Class Option (+1/2 to Disrupt Pattern Damage) isn't showing in the dropdown lists for each class level.
Quintain is offline   #677 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Bug Report: The Elan Cryptic Favored Class Option (+1/2 to Disrupt Pattern Damage) isn't showing in the dropdown lists for each class level.
Hey sense you have an account on GitHub could you just report the issue there instead please. Save me a step.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #678 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 5th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Done.

FYI, I'm puttin together a Ultimate Psionics Project tracking sheet that lists all the HL items that are created/need to be created in order to get this project finished. Do you have any preferred method of sharing this. Currently it's a google doc. But if there is something special I don't know about in Github, it might work better there.
Quintain is offline   #679 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Done.

FYI, I'm puttin together a Ultimate Psionics Project tracking sheet that lists all the HL items that are created/need to be created in order to get this project finished. Do you have any preferred method of sharing this. Currently it's a google doc. But if there is something special I don't know about in Github, it might work better there.
Having an Issue with a link to the google doc would be nice. Plus means each time I do a commit I can reference that issue number. Even if you want to then update the google doc having GitHub have references to everything to me makes things easier. Issue #80 is already sort of doing this...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #680 Reply With Quote