Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old February 4th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Just a thought, if it is to be created like a character, maybe you should just create it like a character. Hero Lab allows for multiple characters to be open so it could be done as a portfolio.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 4th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah, and adding the abilities to PC robots is a good idea. I have been making up edges and equipment and just adding things to my robot character. I am playing HK-47 in a Star Wars campaign.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old February 4th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Okay, this wasn't intuitive but I discovered by accident

If you are making a Player Character Robot and want to be able to work with the Robotic Mods, it is this simple:

Go to the Configure Hero menu.

1. Select SciFi Companion
2. Check the box for "Show Robots"
3. Select the race "Construct"

And Bob's your uncle, the Robotic Mods tab shows up for your PC.
Gumbytie is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 4th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Awesome, thanks

SeeleyOne is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
BiblioTech

Old March 25th, 2016, 10:44 AM
I've checked the forum's threads for this and found nothing, so I figured I'd ask about it here.

The Starship Modification "Crew Reduction" doesn't appear to be working correctly. Currently, it gives a flat 8 Mod Slots each time it's taken, but according to the SciFi Companion errata published by Pinnacle, it should be Starship Size/4 Mod Slots:

Quote:
Crew Reduction (5): Reduces living space, quarters, and facilities for personnel equal to 20% of the listed Crew for the vessel’s Size, granting Size/4 Mods. If this reduces the Crew to 0, the ship is a fully automated drone.
Is this something that needs fixing?
BiblioTech is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
The GIT!

Old March 30th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbytie View Post
Okay, this wasn't intuitive but I discovered by accident

If you are making a Player Character Robot and want to be able to work with the Robotic Mods, it is this simple:

Go to the Configure Hero menu.

1. Select SciFi Companion
2. Check the box for "Show Robots"
3. Select the race "Construct"

And Bob's your uncle, the Robotic Mods tab shows up for your PC.
Yep, that's correct to a degree. As I pointed out in earlier posts, however, assigning skills using the Robot Mods plays merry hell with the character sheet calculations and needs fixing. For some reason there doesn't seem to be an update happening anytime soon which, considering it costs money to get the SFC addon for HeroLab, I would hope will be rectified sooner than later.
The GIT! is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 2nd, 2016, 05:02 PM
Yes, I just saw that error today. Adding the Skill robotic mod is messed up. It has you pick a skill. Then it has you select one as it has you add a skill in thing that opens up like adding Languages to a character. The Skill robotic mod does not need its domain because of the second effect. It gives you the skill twice, or you can pick two different skills for the same Skill mod.

A temporary fix would be to hide the official one (Preclude it) and make up your own that just adds a skill point. Then you have to jump back into character creation mode and assign a skill point. Alternately, if you are advancing and want to improve a skill that you already have, you could have second version that adds an advance. It will not work perfect as there is no way to force it to be for a skill increase, though. The skill point is the "best" fix over all.

The official fix will need to remove the domain part altogether and just use the skill point adder that it uses.

SeeleyOne is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
The GIT!

Old April 11th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
The official fix will need to remove the domain part altogether and just use the skill point adder that it uses.
The only thing you have to remember is that robots do not worry about increased costs for linked Attributes when skills are raised using the skill mod. Just adding a skill point may not actually work in HeroLab, depending on the actual value of the linked Attribute.
The GIT! is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Gritte

Old June 21st, 2016, 06:58 PM
I believe Deaders get Arcane Background (Super Powers) Edge. I tried to create one and it doesn't appear to though. What am I missing?
Gritte is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Gritte

Old June 21st, 2016, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritte View Post
I believe Deaders get Arcane Background (Super Powers) Edge. I tried to create one and it doesn't appear to though. What am I missing?
Got it to work after a 2nd reload of the data file.
Gritte is offline   #60 Reply With Quote