Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old July 30th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
What do you mean by "modify the spell category to include a selection tag that can then be used to filter on Low, Medium and High magic"?
You can go into the Manage tab and change the templates for the spells to include a drop down selection box. As options of that box you can set what ever you like. You will then be able to filter on the tags that get applied to each spell when the selection is made.

For example you could filter on Low Magic and only the spells with the Low Magic tag will show on the active screen.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 30th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
How do you mention people other than using a quote like below?
In this case I wanted to simply respond without showing the quote,
Just hit the reply button. You can also modify the Quote text before submitting to reduce the spam where it ads no value to the conversation.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 30th, 2017, 11:05 PM
You can reply to a specific post without quoting by using the "paper with a quill" icon in the lower right of the post. However, as the default view on this forum is not threaded, you don't gain much over using the Quick Reply box at the bottom of or the Post Reply button at the lower left of any page of the thread.

If you want to use someone's handle, Madmaxneo, just type it. :)

You can see an example of the type of tag daplunk's talking about in my screen shot from earlier; the "Primary Skill" snippet is a single-item Tag snippet in my custom Category for a skill Specialty. It uses a custom Tag Domain which lists the various primary skills.

Last edited by Parody; July 30th, 2017 at 11:22 PM.
Parody is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old August 1st, 2017, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
You can go into the Manage tab and change the templates for the spells to include a drop down selection box. As options of that box you can set what ever you like. You will then be able to filter on the tags that get applied to each spell when the selection is made.

For example you could filter on Low Magic and only the spells with the Low Magic tag will show on the active screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post

You can see an example of the type of tag daplunk's talking about in my screen shot from earlier; the "Primary Skill" snippet is a single-item Tag snippet in my custom Category for a skill Specialty. It uses a custom Tag Domain which lists the various primary skills.
I had no idea that is what that dropdown box was for. Thanks for the help so far! I just hope I don't forget about this when I have a chance to get back into that part this weekend. Right now I am adding PC type stuff like the PC Pearls book (great info for the players in creating great characters) and stuff from Masks (for me).

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #14 Reply With Quote