Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tkarn

Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
Programming some templates, I have some questions.

Some Undead templates use CHA instead of CON to determine the bonus Hitpoints per HD. How can I change the attribute for calculating HP?
tkarn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
The "Use CHA instead of CON" thing is a feature of the undead type, not necessarily any template. It should automatically occur if you select Undead for the "Override Type" selection on your template.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 4th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Ah, OK...
tkarn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 12th, 2012, 10:33 PM
The "Singer of the Blades" Archetyp has the "Song of Blades Style" Ability which grants a dodge bonus to AC when wielding a longsword or rapier. How can I check this in a script?
tkarn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 13th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Another question: I have a list of new weapon properties. When I create a custom magic item in HL I can use them. But how can I use them in the Magic weapon editor? Didn#t find any possibility to use them. Or have I bootstrapped them manually?
tkarn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 13th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarn View Post
The "Singer of the Blades" Archetyp has the "Song of Blades Style" Ability which grants a dodge bonus to AC when wielding a longsword or rapier. How can I check this in a script?
Add a longsword/rapier, right click and show the tags on it. Now equip and unequip it, what tags get added when equipped? Is there one that appears regardless of which hand equips it?

Now you can do a foreach on your class ability looking through the weapons that are equipped. If the equipped weapon is either a longsword or rapier, then have it add the dodge bonus.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 13th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Another question: I have a list of new weapon properties. When I create a custom magic item in HL I can use them. But how can I use them in the Magic weapon editor? Didn#t find any possibility to use them. Or have I bootstrapped them manually?
I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking but I will take a whack at it. If you mean you are creating a specific magic weapon in the editor (for example, the Sunsword) and you want to add magic weapon powers (for example, keen, or any other ones you have made custom), you should bootstrap them to the weapon. Does that answer your question?
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 13th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Add a longsword/rapier, right click and show the tags on it. Now equip and unequip it, what tags get added when equipped? Is there one that appears regardless of which hand equips it?

Now you can do a foreach on your class ability looking through the weapons that are equipped. If the equipped weapon is either a longsword or rapier, then have it add the dodge bonus.
Do you know if there is an example i can look at?
tkarn is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old January 13th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking but I will take a whack at it. If you mean you are creating a specific magic weapon in the editor (for example, the Sunsword) and you want to add magic weapon powers (for example, keen, or any other ones you have made custom), you should bootstrap them to the weapon. Does that answer your question?
This is what i was looking for.
tkarn is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Do you know if there is an example i can look at?
An example of what, a foreach loop?
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote