Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illvatar

Old July 31st, 2008, 11:43 AM
I am trying to enter a class that gains a feat at a particular level. I've noticed that if I add the feat as I would a special ability, then Hero Lab seems to ignore the level I've specified and adds the feat right at level one. To try and learn more of what I might be missing I have been looking over other character classes.

The Ranger class adds the Endurance feat at 3rd level. To do this, it seems that there is a "Class Special" called cRgrEndur that calls cRgrEndHlp through a bootstrap. cRgrEndHlp does not show up anywhere in the editor that I can find. When I open the srd_class_ranger.dat file, I see that it is a thing that calls a bootstrap to add the fEndure feat. It seems to call a class method to verify the level using (count:Classes.Ranger >= 3).

It seems that this second bootstrap thing is only added through a program editor, not the Hero Lab Datafile editor. Does anyone know if this is the case or if I am missing something? Should I complete my class as best I can and then edit the .dat file to contain these additional bootstraps?

Thanks,
Illvatar
Illvatar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2008, 11:57 AM
Colen said at one point that the ranger was written before other pieces of HL were properly in place, which is why it needed a class special to add a helper object, to add a feat at a specific level.

Speed of Thought, from the Soulknife, is a bonus feat added at 6th level.

Note in the bootstraps menu, there's a condition button?

Here's the version to require soulknife Lv6: (Phase: First, Priority: 10000)
count:Classes.Soulknife >=6
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Illvatar

Old July 31st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks mgehl. I have been trying to get that to work. Without that line my feat adds at level 1. With that line (modified for my class, of course) it never adds. I suspect I am doing something wrong, but I haven't figured out what yet. I'll keep plugging at it.

Thanks again,
Illvatar
Illvatar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Illvatar

Old July 31st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Alright, I just tried it again and it worked perfectly. Now I wonder just what I did wrong before!?!?
Illvatar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote