Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Farling

Old May 7th, 2017, 02:13 AM
I think it would be useful to provide several command-line options to allow quick loading of Realm Works for different reasons.

1) the name of realm to open immediately.

2) auto-login to the server if the both username and password are already stored.

3) in conjunction with the above two options, automatically sync with the cloud.

4) in conjunction with the "auto sync", immediately exit Realm Works after the sync is finished.

5) in conjunction with (1), provide the name of a RWEXPORT file, or a RWSTRUCTURE file, to import the named file immediately into the named realm (with an additional option to disable the automatic backup of the realm before import, as can be done from the "advanced" section of the import dialog).

6) After auto-loading a specific realm, specify the name of a topic/article to be loaded into a tab (if one doesn't already, otherwise switch to the tab showing that topic).

----

This is a list of my initial ideas, I'm primarily interested in (5), but the others are probably of interest to other people.

I will keep the above list up-to-date with suggestions made later in the thread.
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 9th, 2017, 03:50 PM
yeap! +1

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old May 10th, 2017, 11:02 AM
+1 yessir
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old May 13th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Another use for command line switches would be to specify a different RW database location.

I've used Parody's script to change my Realm Works database location. I use this because, for now, none of my players have Players edition so I switch between Player's Edition and GM edition on my surface tablet.

Why not just use Player View on a 2nd screen? I typically DM from a gaming laptop, and use my surface tablet to display player aids because I don't have a 2nd screen handy where we play. I sometimes write content from the surface tablet, so I need to log on as a GM when I'm doing that.

I can't use Player View on the surface tablet during play, because I'm logged in as GM on my gaming laptop.

Yep, I frequently make things harder on myself. Like most RW users I imagine.
the_redbeard is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 13th, 2017, 05:04 PM
It'd probably be easier if you made a second (local) Windows user on your tablet for using RW as a player rather than switching files around all the time. You could also lock that user down to reduce access to other programs/files/etc. if you feel it's needed.

Last edited by Parody; May 13th, 2017 at 05:10 PM.
Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote