Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Muspellsheimr

Old June 23rd, 2017, 04:43 PM
I am working with an idea for permanent spell effects as a magic item variant.

To implement this, I wanted to look at how the Custom Wand item works, but have been unable to find them, or Custom Potions or Staves in the editor as an example.

Where could I find this in the editor to use as an example, and/or what would be the best way to implement the following:
  • When selected through the "Add a New Magic Item" window, pulls up a spell selection window similar to Custom Potions or Custom Wands.
  • Determine the minimum caster level for the spell effect.
  • Determine the duration category for the effect (rounds/level, minutes/level, etc), and provide a fixed value based on category, to be used as a price multiplier.
  • Determine item cost (spell level x minimum caster level x 2500 x duration multiplier)
  • When equipped, bootstrap & enable the chosen spell effect, with a caster level equal to character level
  • When equipped, check total spell level of all items of this category. If higher than a variable (currently half character level + Charisma modifier), return a "to many imbued spells" warning.
Muspellsheimr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2017, 04:51 PM
Simple answer is don't find these in the editor. These are Gizmos which are created/edited in XML outside the editor.

This "could" be done but its a VERY VERY advanced area of HL scripting where you will be using the Authoring kit.

I would start with a more simple wondrous item concept that I used to make a dorjes which is a Wand like item for Psionics. You can see the XML here on GitHub.

Yes the main issue is that the cost can not be calculated until after the item is added to the character.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote