Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Brolthemighty

Old November 23rd, 2020, 09:02 AM
I’ll check that, thank you.
Brolthemighty is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old December 3rd, 2020, 02:36 PM
Alright, so I looked at it by attacking the table directly. Or so I thought. First, I found this old thread Tutorial 6 Adding Spellcasting In it, it shows how to add the spellcasting to a 1/3 caster. From there I tried to reverse it. First by deleting the tags:

perform linkage[table].setfocus
doneif (state.isfocus = 0)
doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)
~ Spellcasting attribute
perform focus.setlinkage[castattr,BaseAttr,"IsAttr.aWIS"]
~ Spellcasting type
perform focus.delete[CasterType.SpontKnow]
perform focus.delete[CasterSrc.Arcane]
perform focus.delete[Helper.3rdCaster]
perform focus.delete[sClass.cHelpRgr]

None of that worked. Then, I set the table in reverse, and instead of it adding values (focus.field[cArrKnCan].arrayvalue[2] += 2) I tried setting it to zero (focus.field[cArrKnCan].arrayvalue[2] =0)

Still a bunch of errors. I would've sworn this was going to work. Setting Cantrips, Spells known, and Max Levels to zero seemed like the fix. I'm going to continue tinkering with it though.
Brolthemighty is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 3rd, 2020, 06:59 PM
Rangers are half casters, my dude.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old December 4th, 2020, 06:07 AM
Fuuuuu. Well, that's a good tip then.

Does all this look like I might be on the right track?

Edit: Alright, so with changing that to the HalfCaster tag instead of 3rd caster, these are the errors I'm getting:

Attempt to access field 'cArrKnCan' that does not exist for thing 'cfg5CCFVRgr'
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 12
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cArrKnCan' that does not exist for thing 'cfg5CCFVRgr'
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 13
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cArrKnSpl' that does not exist for thing 'cfg5CCFVRgr'
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 16
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 17
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 18
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 19
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 20
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 21
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 22
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'EP5CcSpellLessRng' (Eval Script '#1') near line 23

I feel like I'm slowly making progress, but it's really just tweaking each little thing.

Edit: So it looks like based on the error, it's referencing the variant ability configurable, instead of the set focus of the array table. But I'm not sure how to fix that.

Last edited by Brolthemighty; December 4th, 2020 at 07:29 AM.
Brolthemighty is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old December 19th, 2020, 07:22 AM
Okay, so it looks like the best thing I'm coming up with is to essentially remake the Ranger as a spell-less class, and work off other people's work to essentially make a Variant option to add Spells, or the Spell-Less abilities. I am worried however of how that'd work as more options are added to Rangers, and what the easiest way of essentially pulling all the various things that reference the Ranger and have them reference the new Ranger. I'd rather not have to make a new copy of literally everything to make this work.
Brolthemighty is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 19th, 2020, 12:31 PM
If you take a look at how I did the new Tasha's variant features (see the stickied Community Pack thread for links), you can see how I programmed things to replace class abilities. That might help?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote