Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Dracarius

Old June 10th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Can someone explain how to import this type of file to HL, and where to look for it after it's been imported?

I've used the editor to create a monster (which I can view in the editor) but can't find it anywhere in the HL portfolio lists.

Per another thread, it gave me directories to look in, but even there it doesn't show up.

Thanks!

Drac
Dracarius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old June 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
.user files are stored in C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\* in version 3.7. In order to "import" them, you just need to place the files in the appropriate product directory (e.g. C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder). When creating new content with the system editor, you need to compile and "splice" the new content (CTRL+T), or reload the game system.

The monster is not going to show up in a portfolio until you add it to one.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM
My version only shows .hl files when i import...not .user files. How do I fix that? it won't let me look for anything but .hl files.
Pezmerga is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
User files are simply placed in the directory Adam gave you. When Hero Lab processes a .hl file, it extracts the user files from that file and places them in that same directory.

So for .user files, just place them in the correct directory - they don't need to be imported.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
User files are simply placed in the directory Adam gave you. When Hero Lab processes a .hl file, it extracts the user files from that file and places them in that same directory.

So for .user files, just place them in the correct directory - they don't need to be imported.
Ah ok lol thanks. Been awhile.
Pezmerga is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BPIJonathan

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:56 AM
i tried this, I load up HL and it gives me a compiling error on one file and I dont see anything from any of the files.

Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never where. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by BPIJonathan; July 27th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
BPIJonathan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old July 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
If HL finds an error none of the .user files are loaded.
tkarn is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPIJonathan View Post
i tried this, I load up HL and it gives me a compiling error on one file and I dont see anything from any of the files.
When you get an Error in HL you can RIGHT click with the mouse to copy the error. This way you can paste or email it to the person who is in charge of the .user file.

I don't know what game system your using but in Pathfinder some of the Community created stuff still requires an official package from LW to work. Other times you may need more than one .user file.

Without allot more info I can't give any more help.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BPIJonathan

Old July 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Without allot more info I can't give any more help.
I think I downloaded them from your site actually, so this does help quite a bit. It is for Pathfinder and I have a licensed package (bought and paid for in the last several months).

Here are the errors I am getting:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_GeneralAdjustments.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pHaste')
File: PFRPG_GeneralAdjustments.user (line 25) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pBearEndur')
File: PFRPG_SpellCompendium.user (line 39043) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDragon')
File: PFRPG_SpellCompendium.user (line 39055) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdMoon')

After that, the other user files I downloaded from your site dont show up. Im not really that good at this product. Learning new stuff as I go. If there is a fix, I can load them up into the Authoring Kit and make the fix.

Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never where. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by BPIJonathan; July 27th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
BPIJonathan is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I suspect you have old versions of the downloads - the first two are because around a year ago, ShadowChemosh donated most of his spell adjustments to us, and we incorporated them in the program, so now, if you use the 2 year old adjustments file he made, those items will be duplicates of things that are in HL already.

The second two errors are things that cropped up and were fixed with revised downloads half a year ago.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote