Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Warklaw

Old June 19th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Is there a way to move a topic from one of the Almanacs to the Mechanics reference?
Warklaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Not easily. You have to make a temporary Category, move it to the temp Category, then move the temp Category to the other type. From there you can change it to the desired Category and delete the temporary one.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old June 19th, 2017, 12:50 PM
This has long been an annoyance. Early in my RWing, I put a large numbers of monsters into the World Almanac. Later I realized I should have put them into Mechanics. The methods I was told I could use to fix this didn't work for me, So I had to reenter them, and then go thru each of the original creatures and move all references to the new monster. Pain in the A.........
GThiel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 19th, 2017, 12:54 PM
I made a video on this last night actually. Check my channel.

https://youtu.be/TQP7IEzzxC0

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jujutsuka

Old June 19th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks for asking, Warklaw! I was actually on the verge of asking this myself. Also, thank you, daplunk, for addressing this issue with a video!
Jujutsuka is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 19th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Oh I didn't really address this. I recommended against it in case it breaks something

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Warklaw

Old June 20th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Not easily. You have to make a temporary Category, move it to the temp Category, then move the temp Category to the other type. From there you can change it to the desired Category and delete the temporary one.
Unfortunately that did not seem to work. While I was able to create a temp category and move it to the mechanics reference (with the topic in tow) when I attempt to "Change topic to a different category" it only gives me Topic (not article) categories to select from. Am I missing something?

UPDATE: Okay I was able to do it, looks like the final step is editing the moved topic and then saving it again... it then seems to change from a Topic to a Article... thus allowing me to move it to the wanted article category.

Last edited by Warklaw; June 20th, 2017 at 10:40 AM.
Warklaw is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 20th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warklaw View Post
Unfortunately that did not seem to work. While I was able to create a temp category and move it to the mechanics reference (with the topic in tow) when I attempt to "Change topic to a different category" it only gives me Topic (not article) categories to select from. Am I missing something?
Probably I'm missing something; I haven't done it in recent memory. Let me go sacrifice a test realm....

Ah, you have to do it from the Categories list (Move All [Topics/Articles] to Category). Even afterwards, the list is still wrong for the Topic/Article itself until you make RW refresh it. (I quit RW and came back and then it showed the right list.)

Last edited by Parody; June 20th, 2017 at 10:42 AM.
Parody is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Warklaw

Old June 20th, 2017, 10:53 AM
While I was able to move the topic daplunk is on to something. While I have noticed anything else I did immediately notice that Section Labels are no longer underlined.

Closing and re-opening the program did not resolve this new quirk.
Warklaw is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 21st, 2017, 12:14 AM
I don't see that in my converted test Article, FWIW.

Parody is offline   #10 Reply With Quote