Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Angela2013

Old July 16th, 2023, 02:00 PM
The answer is so simple I may have missed it.

I have the following for Arcane casters and I know the one for divine casters. I am looking for the ones for martial or rogue type classses.

hero.tagis[Hero.Arcane] <> 0

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 16th, 2023, 02:36 PM
The core game has prereqs like "ability to cast arcane spells required", but there's nothing Paizo's created along the lines of "martial class required" - they prefer prereqs like "weapon specialization required" - tracking particular abilities that are shared by several martial classes. So we did not implement a way to track "martial class required", because there was nothing that needed it.

What is the game rule you are trying to implement? Then we can help you figure out how to implement it.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old July 18th, 2023, 10:21 AM
I was implementing some magic items from Arduin Grimoire and some of the items are only used by broad classes (mages (arcane classes), priests (divine classes)).

Some of the items are only usable by warriors, fighters, etc. (martial classes); thief, martial artist, courtesan, etc. (rogue classes).

Angela2013 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 18th, 2023, 10:34 AM
How exactly do they phrase the prereq? (The rules text) - then I can figure out the best way to implement it. Sounds like there's at least 4 different prereqs to check.

Also, how does this work for classes like Ranger that don't gain spellcasting until later on? The Hero.Divine tags won't be assigned to the character until they can cast spells - so are they supposed to qualify for the priest items before then? Or are rangers not supposed to qualify as a divine class until they're spellcasters? If they are divine from the beginning, does a spell-less ranger still qualify for the priest items?

It's that kind of rules detail that's why I'm asking for the exact phrasing the book uses, not just a paraphrase.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old July 19th, 2023, 09:21 AM
The prereq for any mage or priest class is the normal arcane or divine caster prereq.

As for the others all fighting types are placed under warrior as all thief types are under the prereq thief.

Paladins are under divine caster.

Rangers in Arduin Grimoire gain arcane spells at 1st-level and are grouped under arcane caster.

Angela2013 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 19th, 2023, 09:57 AM
What is the text of the "warrior" prereq and the text of the "thief" prereq? Please copy an example from the book you're drawing from, and if the individual prereqs are overly simple, like "warrior required", please find where they explain what counts as a "warrior" and copy that as well. I can't help you until I know the specific details.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 21st, 2023, 11:31 AM
There probably isn't an equivalent tag to "Hero.Arcane" or "Hero.Divine". One option you could do though is create a script on one of the existing conditions (ie Blinded) that looks through the classes and assigns something like "User.Warrior" to any classes you want it assigned to. You can then use that tag as your pre-req.

To do this you would have to create a replacement condition, but that should be pretty easy I think.

Or I guess you could just make a really long pre-req string like "Classes.Barbarian | Classes.Fighter | etc"

Or another idea: look for the cAttack.Good tag on the cHelp things.

Last edited by Sendric; July 21st, 2023 at 11:35 AM.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old July 25th, 2023, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the help. Because of how old Arduin Grimoire is I have decided to go with it just pulling up an error message requesting for GM Approval. That way one error message can be used when the character needs to be a warrior or thief type. The Divine and Arcane caster pre req work just fine for the rest.

Angela2013 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote