Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

duhtroll

Old November 25th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Hi -

While I am certain the answer to this question lies in my lack of experience with ipads and ios, I must nevertheless ask for help.

My HL ipad app formerly loaded all of my portfolios onto my ipad as intended. A few months ago I wanted to consolidate my local copies between google drive and dropbox and loaded my dropbox folder into my google drive. I lost the ability for the ipad to find the HL folder as a result, as I expected.

Well, now I need more storage and the prices are the same and I like dropbox better for storage, so I switched the folder back the way it was (user/name/dropbox) and can't get the ipad to cooperate in finding all my portfolios.

Every time I link the dropbox to the ipad (even after uninstall/reinstall of HL) the ipad creates a separate (empty) HL/pathfinder folder in the dropbox directory and not the dropbox/apps directory. Something must be wrong with a setting somewhere but I can't find it. Anyone able to explain it for me?

Thanks
duhtroll is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 25th, 2015, 01:24 PM
As far as I know there is no settings and it should be placing it in the following folder path "Dropbox\Apps\Hero Lab\pathfinder". Unless something recently changed in the "Dropbox" app itself that is controlling this...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old November 25th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Mine is creating dropbox/hero lab/pathfinder by default. That wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for not using the existing folder with all my pcs in it.

When I ask the ipad to seek out dropbox/apps/hero lab/pathfinder it doesn't load any portfolios even though they are all in that folder. I have to load and open them all manually "the old way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
As far as I know there is no settings and it should be placing it in the following folder path "Dropbox\Apps\Hero Lab\pathfinder". Unless something recently changed in the "Dropbox" app itself that is controlling this...
duhtroll is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 25th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I'm afraid we don't have any way of choosing the folder - all we do is tell Dropbox "give us the folder for the app with <Hero Lab's app id>". We don't have access to anything outside the "Hero Lab" folder that Dropbox gives us.

This might be something you want to get in touch with Dropbox support about, as I'm afraid there's nothing we can do on this end. Sorry!
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old November 25th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Alrighty then - thanks guys.
duhtroll is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old November 25th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Strangely enough, copying all of the portfolios into dropbox/hero lab/pathfinder enables the ipad to read everything just fine so I am going with that for now.
duhtroll is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 26th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Yeah, it sounds like Dropbox just got confused about where your folders should be? I have something like that going on myself - for some reason it wants to put my stuff under "Dropbox/Apps/Hero Lab (1)" instead of the normal folder.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote