Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Lightspeed Hobbies

Old May 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Did anything ever come of adding any of the Palladium Books properties to Hero Lab? Mainly Rifts...
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM
The folks at Palladium were keen on having us develop data files for Rifts. When they talked with their lawyers, though, there was already a legal obligation on their end that they felt could be unnecessarily complicated by licensing us to do the data files. So everything was put on hold. If memory serves, I believe the conflicting obligation expired in 2010. So it's still possible we could work something out, but it has to wait until the conflict is no more.

For more details on this, you might consider asking the good folks at Palladium directly, since I'm not sure what additional details can or can't be shared.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lightspeed Hobbies

Old May 13th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The folks at Palladium were keen on having us develop data files for Rifts. When they talked with their lawyers, though, there was already a legal obligation on their end that they felt could be unnecessarily complicated by licensing us to do the data files. So everything was put on hold. If memory serves, I believe the conflicting obligation expired in 2010. So it's still possible we could work something out, but it has to wait until the conflict is no more.

For more details on this, you might consider asking the good folks at Palladium directly, since I'm not sure what additional details can or can't be shared.
Thank you for a simple and straight answer. I've been trying to get that answer out Palladium for going on two years now. Every time I would ask, I got the runaround.

I really hope you can get something worked out.

-sparky-
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lightspeed Hobbies

Old January 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM
It's 2010 now and I have a another question...

Will Lone Wolf try again to include Palladium Books in with Hero Lab?

I REALLY hope so
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Over the past year, Hero Lab has been gaining a great deal of momentum. We've got a number of major new game systems already in the pipeline and a full schedule into the Fall. So we can definitely re-open discussions with Palladium. However, nothing can be completed in the near term, even if Palladium decides that they want to actively pursue this with us.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lightspeed Hobbies

Old January 11th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Over the past year, Hero Lab has been gaining a great deal of momentum. We've got a number of major new game systems already in the pipeline and a full schedule into the Fall. So we can definitely re-open discussions with Palladium. However, nothing can be completed in the near term, even if Palladium decides that they want to actively pursue this with us.
Rob, I don't care how long it takes as long as it happens, comprende?

Michael Hansen
Lightspeed Hobbies

5884 US Hwy 6
In the Portage Commons
Portage, IN 46368
219-764-7314

www.lightspeedhobbies.com
customerservice@lightspeedhobbies.com
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silverwolf

Old June 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I would be all about purchasing the ability to use Herolab to make Palladium Character of any setting. That would be just too kool, and alot easier. I love playing the game, but Character creation can take a while.
Silverwolf is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old June 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Rob- thanks again for the GREAT communication. I would throw my money at this, too. I love the Rifts/Pall Megaverse.
duhtroll is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lightspeed Hobbies

Old April 26th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Any movement towards Palladium Books being brought into the fold?

Michael Hansen
Lightspeed Hobbies

5884 US Hwy 6
In the Portage Commons
Portage, IN 46368
219-764-7314

www.lightspeedhobbies.com
customerservice@lightspeedhobbies.com
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Grand Moff Vixen

Old May 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I would be interested in seeing if anything new has developed for this.

Have any tidbits for us Rob?
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote