Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farnaby

Old November 30th, 2017, 02:26 PM
And here's me entering the Curse of the Crimson Throne....

I won't stop entering it as practice but we're just at the last part of Chapter 4 so lets see if the price is worth it. #optimism
Farnaby is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old December 4th, 2017, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
And here's me entering the Curse of the Crimson Throne....

I won't stop entering it as practice but we're just at the last part of Chapter 4 so lets see if the price is worth it. #optimism
Yeah, We just finished up the Shadowrun mission this past weekend and were discussing what's next and I was mentioning to them Aug/Sept while I enter my data in RW for Scarred Lands and convert the Serpent's Skull Adventure Path over to Scarred Lands.

Well, the problem is what do we do during this long gap. So they asked are there any modules I could start sooner.

Looking at what data packages were available for Hero Lab currently left the options very limited.

Curse of the Crimson Throne
Giantslayer - We had a lot of Giants in Rise of the Runelords, so this was eliminated
Hell's Rebels
Hell's Vengeance
Iron Gods
Ironfang Invasion
Ruins of Aziant
Strange Aeons

Of these I have the new Curse of the Crimson Throne Hardback book, and the Iron Gods adventure set since I had the subscription at that time.

So everyone decided let's run Curse of the Crimson Throne and I said I could start in 2 months.

Giving me time to start re-reading this adventure and to start entering this in RW, hoping the Content Market now releases before the end of the year and this is one of the data packages available at it's release.

Farnaby - Can I see screen shows how you laid this adventure out with RW?
joepacelli is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old December 8th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
Of these I have the new Curse of the Crimson Throne Hardback book, and the Iron Gods adventure set since I had the subscription at that time.

So everyone decided let's run Curse of the Crimson Throne and I said I could start in 2 months.

Giving me time to start re-reading this adventure and to start entering this in RW, hoping the Content Market now releases before the end of the year and this is one of the data packages available at it's release.

Farnaby - Can I see screen shows how you laid this adventure out with RW?
Won't you have to actually buy the PDF, too? That's the only thing i'm not quite understanding yet. If you own it in hardcover, you have to get the PDF. Doesn't that shoot Paizo in the foot with people buying the cheaper PDF instead of the hardcover?

Doesn't really sound like a great business plan.
Cid is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old December 12th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Doesn't that shoot Paizo in the foot with people buying the cheaper PDF instead of the hardcover?
Actually the profit margin on PDF sales has to be like 90%+ compared to what it costs for paizo to pay in printing and shipping costs for an actual physical book to make it to your door. I remember reading somewhere that profit margin on books for the original authors is under 30%. Volume of PDF sales is likely much larger, so paizo makes more money from e-books in the long run.
dungeonguru is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old December 12th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Won't you have to actually buy the PDF, too? That's the only thing i'm not quite understanding yet. If you own it in hardcover, you have to get the PDF. Doesn't that shoot Paizo in the foot with people buying the cheaper PDF instead of the hardcover?

Doesn't really sound like a great business plan.
Yeah, according to something I read earlier about the Content Market one of the requirements is the PDF, but Lone Wolf has been working with Paizo and stated when you go to purchase a package, your account is linked to Paizo and they know if you've purchased the PDF or not. If you did then the cost of the data package from Lone Wolf is less, if you didn't then this price is added into the cost of the data package your getting.

So I'm waiting and will just get the PDF along with the Curse of the Crimson Throne data package. Assuming this is one of the first adventure modules offered at the announcement of Content Market.

Which again I'm hoping will be before the end of this year. But alas it may look like another year has come and gone and no content market.

If it get's to mid Jan, I may need to just purchase the PDF and start entering data manually into Realm Works for Curse of the Crimson Throne.

But, keeping my fingers crossed, maybe some good news is on the horizon.
joepacelli is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 13th, 2017, 04:54 AM
I know CM isn't ready, but is there anything you can share about the status of the Kickstarter content?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old December 13th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Since a lot of the Pathfinder adventures are done up already in Fantasy Grounds it is going to be interesting to see which of these people prefer using: for running adventures:

a.) both the Realm Works version and Fantasy Grounds version.
b.) the Realm Works version
c.) the Fantasy Grounds version

Also, I'm wondering if any other companies are going to be set up to to take into account if you already own the product in another forum.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 13th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Realm Works is not a VTT so I suspect you will see the different demographics of users pick the platform that works with their play style.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old December 13th, 2017, 02:33 PM
"Realm Works is not a VTT so I suspect you will see the different demographics of users pick the platform that works with their play style."

And, Fantasy Grounds... you know... works.
MaxSupernova is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old December 13th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
"Realm Works is not a VTT so I suspect you will see the different demographics of users pick the platform that works with their play style."

And, Fantasy Grounds... you know... works.
I actually bought realm works for the content market, planning on using sort as a pseudo-vtt. I am hoping they announce real soon which VTT they are working with, because I just bought a TV for my table and need some VTT software, may go FG and not worry about the CM any more, but I want to support Lone Wolf, because HeroLab is great and a VTT with good integration between HL and RW would be fantastic.
Toblakai is offline   #170 Reply With Quote