Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 22nd, 2017, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Shadow, I am updating the Modern files. I am going over everything and it needs a lot of work. Anyways, I don't want to delete or hide anything, so I don't "break" anyones characters. But there are somethings in the wrong place. I had rituals as a gear item. So would using the tag "Helper.Obsolete", be the best way to just hide them without doing any harm.
We have a couple of options:
1) Move the stuff to a "Deprecated" file and use the "Hidden" feature. This then will let a character load but give a visual warning of what exact things are no longer valid. I then rename the object and if needed add text to the Things Description to explain why it was removed.

2) Totally remove the Thing and use a Load Mod script to cause HL to no give any errors. This is nice if what is removed the gamer most likely won't care about. Like a Monsters DR changing from one Thing to another Thing cause the monster still works.

3) Helper.Obsolete is another option is nice if we want to give no warning info allowing the existing GEAR to be used for now. But it could cause confusion cause they would not be able to add new ones to the character.

I personally like option 1 because it lets the game know things have changed and where to find the new "stuff". Its a bit of work to fix the character but it also lets the gamer know how to do future characters also.

Which do you like and why?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1361 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old October 22nd, 2017, 07:45 AM
Oh, wow. I didn't know about a load mod. I need to check that out. To be honest, there might be a need for all three. ATM, I am make sure everything works and tagging everything correctly. The rituals were the first thing that really just needed to be hidden for the gear section, (it was before there was support for rituals). I don't think it will cause much confusion for the Helper.Obsolete tag for them. But I'll go ahead and make a Deprecated file just in case and where can I find an example of the load script. Thanks Shadow!
Frodie is offline   #1362 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Bug Report

For Path of War, the Martial Training line of feats.
There is an issue opening Riven Hourglass.

Martial Training I
When selecting Maneuvers & Stances, on that tab:
A large box comes up, and an error window for "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression' (with the option to click OK).
If I click OK and then in the search field type in Riven, their maneuvers display correctly.
Selecting one of them results in another error window with four iterations of the prior error window, all in one box, but it lets me select the power.
Their stances (Distorted Clock, Sands of Time, Riven Hourglass Stance, Sand Bearer's Swiftness, God of the Hourglass Stance) are listed with the maneuvers.

Martial Training II
There is no issue selecting the level two maneuvers.
Stances result in an error box, 'Nothing to choose from!'.

Martial Training III
No issue on selecting a maneuver.
No issue selecting the level 3 stance, still cannot take the level 1 stance from the previous feat.

Martial Training IV
No issues.

Martial Training V
For maneuvers, can select one (or two if that option is chosen) fine.
Stances again result in the error box, 'Nothing to choose from!'.
(Chronal Fission is a level 5 stance, and previous Stances not chosen should also be an option).

Martial Training VI
This one works fine, but we still cannot take the missing stances.

For Crescent Wind, Martial Training won't open any maneuvers at all.
All of the Martial Training feats get the error box, 'Nothing to choose from!'.

Mithral Current, Shattered Mirror, Sleeping Goddess, perform like Riven Hourglass.
The same error window, for the first feat.
Then you can filter to select maneuvers.
All maneuvers and stances that are listed on the first error window, do not seem to be available as choices later.
With the third feat in the chain (Martial Training III), one can select a level three stance, but it shows that you should have two stances and there is no other selection.

For comparison, these Disciplines do not have any issues:
Black Seraph, Broken Blade, Cursed Razor, Elemental Flux, Eternal Guardian, Golden Lion, Iron Tortoise, Piercing Thunder, Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, Silver Crane, Solar Wind, Steel Serpent, Tempest Gale, Thrashing Dragon, and Veiled Moon.
Ualaa is offline   #1363 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Oh, wow. I didn't know about a load mod. I need to check that out.
This requires that we totally REMOVE the whole Thing from all files. Then we only have a single reference to tell HL to not toss an error about this missing Thing. I am very careful in using this feature. Not a fan for allot of stuff attached to characters that where manually added by a gamer.

Quote:
ATM, I am make sure everything works and tagging everything correctly. The rituals were the first thing that really just needed to be hidden for the gear section, (it was before there was support for rituals). I don't think it will cause much confusion for the Helper.Obsolete tag for them.
The confusion is that person as Ritual added on the "Gear" tab and they want to add another one. So they see the existing Gear Rituals and try and add more but they can't find them anymore. Most likely then we get a bug report saying "I can't add anymore Rituals".

The above is why I like the idea of "hidden" and naming the Rituals to "Deprecated" with a note about how and why they where deprecated. Now the person gets a nice "warning" message and info on how to fix the problem.

Otherwise we are leaving people in the dark on "what" and "why" their character changed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1364 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Bug Report

For Path of War, the Martial Training line of feats.
There is an issue opening Riven Hourglass.
Thanks for the bug report. Its been logged as #124.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1365 Reply With Quote
Dahvood

Old October 30th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Bug Report:

The 'Armored Blade' Soulknife archetype is meant to have a slower enhancement bonus progression compared to the vanilla Soulknife, but it appears as the same rate as a vanilla Soulknife under the "Soulknife" tab

The feat "Fighter's Blade" seems to only be partially functioning. It adds the appropriate levels to the vanilla Soulknife when working out the enhancement bonus, but not for the blade skills. There is also no interaction between the feat and the "Armored Blade" archetypes Enhanced Armament ability, although I'm unsure if this is a bug or a difference in rules interpretation

Thanks
Dahvood is offline   #1366 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old November 1st, 2017, 10:24 AM
Shadow, would it be possible in the community pack with the Path of war files to have its own check box so you could deselect it and still use the rest of the files in the community files. The Path of war files interfere with compiling new files after 4 or 5 compiles I get an large error message with all files related to Path of war. and I have to restart herolab then its fine it is somewhat annoying but I can live with it if you cannot sepperate them out.

Is it possible for you to do a spell adjustment for Rightous Might in the next Community release. Thanks for all your hard work.
Kaleb is offline   #1367 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old November 1st, 2017, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Shadow, would it be possible in the community pack with the Path of war files to have its own check box so you could deselect it and still use the rest of the files in the community files. The Path of war files interfere with compiling new files after 4 or 5 compiles I get an large error message with all files related to Path of war. and I have to restart herolab then its fine it is somewhat annoying but I can live with it if you cannot sepperate them out.

Is it possible for you to do a spell adjustment for Rightous Might in the next Community release. Thanks for all your hard work.
What you are experiencing has nothing to do with the community pack. HL has a known bug using the editor that it will randomly throw errors when compiling/testing things. The only known solution is a restart of the program. (Its been going on for about a year.)
Minous is offline   #1368 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 1st, 2017, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
What you are experiencing has nothing to do with the community pack. HL has a known bug using the editor that it will randomly throw errors when compiling/testing things. The only known solution is a restart of the program. (Its been going on for about a year.)
Correct. If you didn't have the Community Pack you would simply get different errors but HL would still require a restart.

@Kaleb you posted the original problem about a year ago. Colen even confirmed it in that thread.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1369 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 1st, 2017, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahvood View Post
Bug Report:

The 'Armored Blade' Soulknife archetype is meant to have a slower enhancement bonus progression compared to the vanilla Soulknife, but it appears as the same rate as a vanilla Soulknife under the "Soulknife" tab

The feat "Fighter's Blade" seems to only be partially functioning. It adds the appropriate levels to the vanilla Soulknife when working out the enhancement bonus, but not for the blade skills. There is also no interaction between the feat and the "Armored Blade" archetypes Enhanced Armament ability, although I'm unsure if this is a bug or a difference in rules interpretation

Thanks
Thanks for the bug report. I have added #125 & #126 to track these.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1370 Reply With Quote