Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thatdarncat

Old January 29th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Is it possible to create a custom relationship category? I know I can edit the existing categories, but I don't see any way to create a whole new set.

eg if I wanted to make a relationship category of "noble of x" and set within the category the options to be "baron, count, earl, duke" etc, how would I do so?
thatdarncat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old January 30th, 2015, 01:29 AM
As far as I know this is not possible.

Not sure if this helps a bit:
I have a tag snippet where I can select the rank (baron, earl, etc). The snippet allows me to add a comment. In there I add the area the character is earl/duke/ etc.
This creates a link between the character topic and the area topic.

Example:
Earl Robert of Salisbury
In the character topic: Robert of Salisbury I have a tag snippet:
Earl: Salisbury.
This links to the Area topic Salisbury.
Cornelius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thatdarncat

Old January 30th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Yeah I'm doing something similar I have a few different areas where this would be useful so I figured I'd ask. I really like the relationship option, I'd just like to be able to customize it more.

I guess technically I could edit the existing category, but it seems like that'd be more work than its worth.
thatdarncat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2015, 12:42 PM
You can't add a completely different type of relationship, since the relationship type is key to properly handling the diagramming of said relationships. However, the examples you gave are all "comprises / belongs to" relationships, and you can freely extend the list of "comprises / belongs to" relationships.

Go to the Manage ribbon and select the Tags button at the top. Scroll to the bottom of the list of tag domains at the left, and you'll see the "Comprises Relationship Types" tag domain. Click it and add new tags such as "Domain / Noble" (for a single generic entry) OR "Domain / Earl" (for specific entries). You should replace the word "Domain" with whatever makes sense for your world. Once you've added these entries, you'll be able to freely select them for use when creating/editing relationships.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thatdarncat

Old January 30th, 2015, 08:21 PM
.... yup! that works.

I'd like to be able to make separate domains to keep clutter down, but I can work with that.
thatdarncat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old January 31st, 2015, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You can't add a completely different type of relationship, since the relationship type is key to properly handling the diagramming of said relationships. However, the examples you gave are all "comprises / belongs to" relationships, and you can freely extend the list of "comprises / belongs to" relationships.

Go to the Manage ribbon and select the Tags button at the top. Scroll to the bottom of the list of tag domains at the left, and you'll see the "Comprises Relationship Types" tag domain. Click it and add new tags such as "Domain / Noble" (for a single generic entry) OR "Domain / Earl" (for specific entries). You should replace the word "Domain" with whatever makes sense for your world. Once you've added these entries, you'll be able to freely select them for use when creating/editing relationships.

Hope this helps!
I did not know this. I will have to use this.
Cornelius is offline   #6 Reply With Quote