Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old December 5th, 2014, 12:00 PM
What are people's expectations of the Marketplace?

While I'd love details, I totally understand there are things that must remain hush-hush because they are in flux and you don't want to create false expectations. And we users will twist things to our nefarious ends. These are some of the questions I have. If they aren't already planned, maybe this will prompt internal conversation before release. And of course, my expectations may be totally off base....

Please also note that some of the following statements are wrong. I include them to gauge community reaction and LWD's stance. They are included to spark constructive discussion.

1) I will be able to upload my material to the cloud and download it again to create a new campaign.

2) I will be able to upload my material to the cloud and download from multiple sources I have input to merge them to create a new campaign.

3) I will be able to upload individual entries (an individual, a tavern, a magic item, etc) which I own rights to as my own creation for others to download.

4) I will be able to download individual entries (an individual, a tavern, a magic item, etc) from someone else and seamlessly integrate it into an existing campaign structure.

5) I will be able to download individual entries (an individual, a tavern, a magic item, etc) from someone else, modify them to remove copyrightable material and upload it to the Marketplace as a derivative work.

6) I will be able to download material from someone else, delete material that is not applicable and seamlessly integrate it into my campaign.

7) I will be able to specify creative commons licensing with limitations like must cite original author or must notify me if used.

8) I will be able to locate all materials by a specific creator.

9) I will be able to restrict access to my material to a specific group of people.

10) I will be able to restrict access to my material from a specific group of people.

11) I will be able to reset all reveals and remove reveals from the history to create a virgin state for a campaign.

12) I will be able to download user created derivative works based on copyright materials if I own the base work (i.e., maps, hero lab portfolios).

13) I will be able to upload derivative works based on copyright materials and RW will monitor who should have rights to access for me.

14) I will be able to merge multiple copies of the same material and choose which version of each item I want to retain (i.e., my RotRL merging with Paizo's RotRL).

15) I will be able to merge multiple copies of the same material and entries with the same names will merge all versions into one entry (i.e., my RotRL merging with Paizo's RotRL).

Please add your own.... And thank you for managing my expectations.
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 5th, 2014, 12:03 PM
What does seamlessly mean?

How does something become an acceptable derivative work?
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 5th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I want the ability to download a complete Adventure Path from Paizo. Have all the book info, maps, images, NPCs, and equipment setup for me. Then I want to be able to make adjustments to any part as I need to reflect the changes my players cause.

Pretty much that is it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old December 5th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Ditto!
frumple is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old December 5th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I suppose everything youll download will be added into your realm structure of your liking, into some entry point specified by some specific topic.

So if the content market offers
"The unepic Adventures of the three headed lazy mutant-dwarf-troll-unicorn"

and you buy / download it, you will have it appear within your existing realm under a new topic that might be the identically named "package entry" point topic, contianing all items below.

So further merging and integration will be on you. I cannot believe that they'll dare to "mess" with your data that is there already.

Probably a lot more topic editing tools will be available by then
Acenoid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old December 6th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I want to be able to download a full world (or at least the barebones of it) like, say, Golarion. I'f prefer if this Golarion had all the published setting material added into it, but I can see how that might get expensive to purchase. That being the case, a more modular approach would be fine, with the ability to download all the information on, say, Taldor and integrate it into your barebones Golarion.

Then I would like to be able to download published modules/APs/PFS Scenarios and have them integrate into my barebones Golarion and my downloaded Taldor content. Duplicate entries would suck, so a way to merge them would be awesome.

Then I would like to be able to add my own touches, like "The PCs killed [blah]." and have it affect that Realm, but not the downloaded content that I could use in another realm for another party.

Does that make sense?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old December 6th, 2014, 08:50 AM
@Acenoid, I think that's part of why there are Story Source topics that can only be Containers and not themselves Contained, and similar ones for Mechanics. I think these are intended to be the root points for grouping materials "by publication".

@Mystic_Lemur.. I've been giving the Golarion topic some thought myself. Paizo often does "expanded" content on the same topic in later publications.

Deities, for example, received 1/2 page 1-column write-ups originally.. then later 20-page detailed write-ups in the AP volumes, now updated in Inner Sea Gods. Likewise, the Inner Sea Primer is published as a player-friendly introduction to the world, with 1/2 page 1-column descriptions of the nations of the region. The Inner Sea World Guide is a companion work for GMs with 4-page write-ups of the same nations. It would be ideal for the longer pieces to integrate with the shorter when someone has both.

Previous mentions by Rob from LoneWolf have talked about your notes over-riding what was pulled in from the original version, and those apply only to the Realm where you're using the content.. but you may have to be careful to manage it. For example, if you get a local copy by purchasing the content, we don't know if you can modify that without modifying all other re-use of it from your Repository. Maybe you need to treat it as YOUR root copy, and re-use it again to have discrete copies.

We will undoubtedly get more of a view on how this works as we get closer to the Repository and Marketplace release.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote