Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wildfire142

Old November 19th, 2015, 02:08 PM
RW keeps crashing on me when I try to change or delete some articles, have filed a bug report but still waiting to hear back after the initial reply.

Specifically if I do anything to alt the name of the article it crashes when I try to save the article. Nothing else I do to the article gives any problems. I can move it to different categories and delete any and all tags, sections and snippets with no problem, but change even one letter of the title and to crashes on save.

The error message says something about utility.ccp and line 677.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and knew if any fixes that could be tried?

It's getting to be a big problem entering data at a the moment, it's almost getting to the point RW is becoming unusable for me.
wildfire142 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 19th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Realmworks has been wonky ever since the recent major upgrade and conversion to HTML. Most of the major bugs have been worked out and it is stable enough for me to create new content and most editing is fine for me.

But recetly, I started going through my spell list to edit the name options so that I avoid every instance of the word sleep trying to link to the Sleep spell. For the first 20 or so spells, I was able to make and save changes then it started crashing. Every. Single. Time.

So, I don't dare attempt to edit the name of any article right now.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old November 19th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I observed the same problem changing the names of topics. I didn't try to change articles so far, but also some (not all ) plot name changes crash.
Reported it, no feedback so far.
wurzel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2015, 08:08 PM
If this happens, rebuild the index for your realm. Select the Manage ribbon bar and then "Rebuild Index" at the far right. This should fix the problem and get you running properly again for quite awhile before you run into the problem again.

We're pretty sure we've fixed this bug, and it will be included in a bug fix release that's planned for tomorrow.

A big "Thank You" to the handful of users who've provided us with your databases. Those have been incredibly helpful in chasing down and fixing bugs like this one.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wildfire142

Old November 19th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Rob, these kind of responses are one of the reasons I like using realm works so much, fingers crossed this up coming update helps. Away to rebuild the index now.
wildfire142 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 19th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Rebuilding the index seems to have done the trick, thanks Rob!

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
wildfire142

Old November 20th, 2015, 01:31 AM
The rebuild index worked, was able to change a delete to my hearts content. Thanks.
wildfire142 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old November 20th, 2015, 01:35 AM
Yep, rebuilding the index was successful. So far everything seems to work again as intended.
wurzel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote