Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Bijar

Old June 30th, 2017, 03:52 AM
I have adjusted the Alternate Campaigns - High life to Sum to 15. but when I move the priority in E or D to a different category the Priority disappears and I cannot put something back in. This does not happen for Priority A, B or C.
I also tried adjusting Alternative Campaigns - count to ten, but got the same problem.

I think it is a rule in the thing mechPriorD/mechPriorE, but I can't find these things in the editor.

How do I keep the Priority D and E from disappearing?
Bijar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 30th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Core rulebook pg. 351: "When using the Priority Table, players should select twice from row A, once from row B, and twice from row C."

So, in High Life, there is no D or E, and once those categories are empty, HL can hide them.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Bijar

Old June 30th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Core rulebook pg. 351: "When using the Priority Table, players should select twice from row A, once from row B, and twice from row C."

So, in High Life, there is no D or E, and once those categories are empty, HL can hide them.
I understand and you are correct for the High life as described in the book, but I'm trying to combine high life with sum to ten where the players use Sumto 10, but instead get 15 points worth of priority picks and all the other perks from high life with the exception of the priority table.
Thanks to your help Mathias in another post I have implemented all this except for the disappearing D and E priorities.
I was hoping that someone knew how to fix the disappearing D and E priorities.
Bijar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 30th, 2017, 10:48 AM
It looks like there's an error in the editor - it's displaying some of the priority fields more than once, and not displaying others - sorry about that, probably a copy-paste issue when I created that editor tab.

Click the "Fields" button at the top right - on the Field Id: mechPriorE, what's the value listed there? Is it currently 0? If you change that to 1, does that mean that the E priority no longer disappears when empty?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Bijar

Old June 30th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It looks like there's an error in the editor - it's displaying some of the priority fields more than once, and not displaying others - sorry about that, probably a copy-paste issue when I created that editor tab.

Click the "Fields" button at the top right - on the Field Id: mechPriorE, what's the value listed there? Is it currently 0? If you change that to 1, does that mean that the E priority no longer disappears when empty?
I only found references to mechPriorA to E but I can't find them in the editor. if I look under tools>Creation mechanics they aren't there and mechanics does not give me any results.

I must admit I am trying to learn how the editor works, but find it hard.
Bijar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 1st, 2017, 09:41 AM
Hadn't you created a new creation mechanic, and now you're having this problem while using that mechanic you've created? If that's not the case, then I didn't understand what question you had asked.

Open up that one you created, and look around the editor screen for a grid of buttons at the top right. The top-left most of that grid will be called Fields. Click it, and you'll see a list of the field values that have been defined on the character creation mechanic you've created.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Bijar

Old July 1st, 2017, 03:04 PM
Did not know they were defined there. Like you expected they were set to 0 fixed it and that solves my problem, thanks.
Bijar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote