Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Bidmaron

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Dang, eight. Great work
Bidmaron is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Dang, eight. Great work
Aww, shucks. Thanks, man. :-)
EightBitz is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old February 8th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Love the sig.

Love the work.
AEIOU is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 8th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I don't know if anyone here remembers, but a while back, I wrote a redaction script for people who wanted to author data sets for Hero Lab. The script would redact descriptions so you could have full descriptions in your own copy but remove them from the shared copy, so as to avoid illegal distribution of copyrighted content.

I figured since I now have a GitHub account and an official signature here, I may as well post the redaction script. I was revisiting that code, and I realized that with what I learned in writing the export script, I can rewrite the redaction script properly.

The way I wrote it originally, it read in the .user files as text files, searched (via plain text) for the Description tag, parsed for the substring of the actual description, and replaced it either with other text, or replaced it with a null value.

Now I can properly read it and handle it as an XML file. :-)
EightBitz is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
ArgoForg

Old February 12th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Have not, as of yet, had any luck with this, although my Powershell (and coding on the whole) experience is pretty limited... so there's probably a reasonable explanation for it.

On the occasions I've tried it (using the GUI script), the script tends to balk early on (Line 207, right after Mandatory), where I assume that my source file might be incorrect. I've been trying to put everything in the same folder (script, export (compact export) file, css and use the same folder for export of the HTML or DOC) for ease of making sure I've got everything... in my case, C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\Folder. I basically copy and paste direct from Explorer. Should I be trying it as a relative folder instead?

The GUI script locks if I try to click on the buttons to locate, like I would most Windows GUIs, so I've made do by copying and pasting into the entry forms, instead. Attached is a screenshot of my GUI and the powershell reply. First time is running the script standard, second is bypassing entry validation.

Hate to ask, because I'm obviously no coding whiz, but any ideas what I might be doing wrong, just at a look?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (49.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Clipboard02.jpg (110.5 KB, 6 views)

Darker Age Press - Writer and Developer
Realm Works Projects: World of Phantasie (Castles & Crusades)
RPG and Art Software Used: Realm Works, Hero Lab, Campaign Cartographer 3+, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, Evernote, Scrivener, OneNote, Photoshop, Poser Pro, Cinema 4D, Vue 8 Complete.
ArgoForg is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 12th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgoForg View Post
Have not, as of yet, had any luck with this, although my Powershell (and coding on the whole) experience is pretty limited... so there's probably a reasonable explanation for it.

On the occasions I've tried it (using the GUI script), the script tends to balk early on (Line 207, right after Mandatory), where I assume that my source file might be incorrect. I've been trying to put everything in the same folder (script, export (compact export) file, css and use the same folder for export of the HTML or DOC) for ease of making sure I've got everything... in my case, C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\Folder. I basically copy and paste direct from Explorer. Should I be trying it as a relative folder instead?

The GUI script locks if I try to click on the buttons to locate, like I would most Windows GUIs, so I've made do by copying and pasting into the entry forms, instead. Attached is a screenshot of my GUI and the powershell reply. First time is running the script standard, second is bypassing entry validation.

Hate to ask, because I'm obviously no coding whiz, but any ideas what I might be doing wrong, just at a look?
First, make sure you have the current version, which is 1.5.

Second, if you're selecting Word as the output format, change your destination file to have a .doc or .docx extension.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Is anyone else besides ArgoForg having these issues?
EightBitz is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 12th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgoForg View Post

I just downloaded the GitHub version to make sure that I didn't upload bad code, and it's working fine for me. I would be happy to join you on a Skype call or a Google Hangouts call and see what we can figure out together.
EightBitz is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old February 12th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I just downloaded the GitHub version to make sure that I didn't upload bad code, and it's working fine for me. I would be happy to join you on a Skype call or a Google Hangouts call and see what we can figure out together.
Hi guys,
I just updated my version of the code, and now it doesn't seem to work for me any more, it just hangs and sits there (I left it for about and hour to see if it was something and my realm isn't that big), but after cancelling I could see that it only had about 4 lines in it...

I did the compact export but only selected player content, as this is the information I put into a HTML file for my players.

I have no idea what's different, and to be sure I found one of the older codes that exported to a text file and that seems to work...

Am I missing a step ? I even tried the GUI version with the same result. Any suggestions ?

I'll try and find an older html one to see which version it stopped for me on.
Happydevil43 is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old February 12th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydevil43 View Post

I'll try and find an older html one to see which version it stopped for me on.
Unfortunately I tried all the ones on GitHub with the same result.
the only one that works is:
RWExport-To-Text.ps1
# by EightBitz
# Version 0.5a
# 1/17/2017, 3:40 PM CST

I'll try doing a compact export (without turning on the player only flag and see what happens)
Happydevil43 is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 12th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydevil43 View Post
Unfortunately I tried all the ones on GitHub with the same result.
the only one that works is:
RWExport-To-Text.ps1
# by EightBitz
# Version 0.5a
# 1/17/2017, 3:40 PM CST

I'll try doing a compact export (without turning on the player only flag and see what happens)
Was your previous export a compact export with the player flag turned on, or was it a full export?

Edit: Nevermind, you answered my question already. I'm reading on a tablet in the middle of a frustrating issue with one of my laptops, so my reading comprehension is a bit off right now.

I'll ask you the same question. Can you join me in Google Hangouts or Skype? Not right now, but can we coordinate a time?

Last edited by EightBitz; February 12th, 2017 at 09:17 PM.
EightBitz is offline   #130 Reply With Quote