Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

cunningrat

Old April 25th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I'm very, VERY new to Mutants and Masterminds.

I am attempting to create a very simple character. The character has Dex 3 and Ranged Combat 5.
I gave him a Heavy Pistol and a Shotgun, and made sure his Ranged Combat skill covers both (selected both in the Affects Attacks window).

His attack bonus with the pistol is +8. His attack bonus with the shotgun, however, is +7.

Is there a Mutants and Masterminds rule to account for this, or is it a bug? The shotgun has Accurate 1, but if that was accounted for in Hero Lab, that would make the bonus +9, not +7.
cunningrat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 26th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I just went in and tried to produce the result you're getting, and can't do it; both are coming up at +8 for me.
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 26th, 2016, 09:48 AM
What is the PL of your character? And is he coming up with warnings? IIRC, the shotgun has a higher damage rank, which could mean that you're running up against caps.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
cunningrat

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
What is the PL of your character? And is he coming up with warnings? IIRC, the shotgun has a higher damage rank, which could mean that you're running up against caps.
Duggan, that was exactly it. The character was PL 6, and the +5 damage on the shotgun put him one point over the PL cap. The odd thing is that it reduced his to-hit bonus instead of giving me a warning.

Thanks!!
cunningrat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2016, 05:47 AM
If you have more than one warning (common in 3E if you haven't set Complications), you might not see it until you click through. But glad that we could help.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 27th, 2016, 09:51 AM
And of course, the Accurate should be accounted for; it certainly effects PL caps.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote