Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Kesendeja

Old August 11th, 2017, 12:24 AM
Another option I really liked out of 4th edition and would like to see the return of is buying an additional metamagic. Is this a possibility?

"Learning Meta Magic
If the gamemaster approves, Awakened characters can learn metamagic techniques through other methods, in addition to the one they acquire at each grade of initiation. It costs 15 Karma to learn a metamagic technique outside of initiation. The maximum number of metamagic techniques that may be learned is equal to the character’s Magic + initiation grade."

What we did was Magic + Initiate grade, or x2 initiate grade whichever was higher.

Last edited by Kesendeja; August 11th, 2017 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Found exact rules
Kesendeja is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Just add the metamagics and ignore the limit listed on the table, and then use the "Spend Karma" advancement to pay however much your GM says it should cost.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Kesendeja

Old August 11th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Thanks
Kesendeja is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old August 11th, 2017, 01:06 PM
There's also an adjustment that can be added to alter the number of allowed metamagics.

Mathias, is there a particular reason Advancements aren't in the Editor? If they were it wouldn't be overly difficult for someone to add this as an actual advancement.
Kiirnodel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2017, 01:20 PM
The reason is time - I haven't gotten to the project of building an editor tab for them yet, since I need to check every advancement that exists, and make sure that all of its settings are covered by the editor tab.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old August 13th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Fair enough, I was just surprised when I realized that Advancements weren't in the Editor already. When I first saw Kesendeja's post my immediate response was: "oh that's easy, we just make advancement that costs XX karma that increases the resMax field of Metamagics" [Checks Editor] "Wait, where...? Ummm... Ok, nevermind, we don't have advancements... I guess we add an adjustment for metamagics and reduce our karma by XX manually."
Kiirnodel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote