Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Enforcer84

Old April 11th, 2021, 12:35 AM
So I'm futzing around with u/colinHasInvaded's dragonborn variant. I've done a pretty good job of getting this stuff to work, but I've run into two problems.

Problem One:
The draconic armor feature lets you choose dex or con as your ac bonus attribute. There is a list for Natural AC bonuses but I'm not sure how to get it to let you choose. If I check both I'm assuming it gives you both...so I wanted to use an array to choose them and then activate the one that you chose...

My first incorrect attempt was an else if like the attribute bonus script. But I'm getting things wrong. I also thought I'd just check the Dex as default and if you chose Constitution option it would change it.

if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 1) then
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[CalcAC].value = ConMod
endif

That did nothing. So I hid it while I fretted some more.

My other problem, is one of the optional sub races replaces this armor race ability. I tried to set the tags in the subrace and in a racial special to:
Group Id: RaReplace and Tag Id: name of ability but this doesn't work perhaps it only works for Variant abilities?
Enforcer84 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 19th, 2021, 07:41 AM
The variant racial trait Thing has boxes for AC calculation. What you’ll want to do is set up an Array-based menu with Dex and Con as your options for what your AC is based on. If they select the first option, it’ll set a field called usrIndex to 0, and if they select the second drop down option, usrIndex will equal 1.

Check the box for “Armor Class Calculation” and in the AC modifiers menu, check “Constitution Modifier.” You’ll see that these add the Helper.ArmorClass and CalcAC.ConMod tags respectively.

Uncheck them, so they’re not on by default. Then your code should check for that usrIndex field. If it’s the selection for DEX, don’t do anything since that’s the default. If it’s selecting CON, perform.assign each of those tags.

As far as the feature that cancels it goes, just have the code also check to make sure that’s not present on the hero. So doneif (hero.childlives[IDofTheSubraceFeature] <> 0)

Now it’ll still show the array even if that subrace feature is present. If you really want to get fancy, use this code to set up the array (instead of having it present by default), with a doneif to prevent the code if that subrace feature is present.

Code:
doneif (hero.childlives[IDofTheSubraceFeature] <> 0)

field[usrArray].arraytext[0] = "Dexterity"
field[usrArray].arraytext[1] = “Constitution"

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; April 19th, 2021 at 07:07 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote