Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

TheLoremaster

Old July 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I think I found an issue where Super Attributes that have Modifiers aren't being implemented correctly. From the text (SPC, pg. 31):
Quote:
Note that a device that grants bonuses to several attributes via super attribute, gets a discount only on the total since that is one “type”— not each attribute raised. The same applies to super skills, super Edges, etc.
So the text makes clear that Super Attribute should be treated as one Power, but Hero Lab does not do so; you have to buy Super Attribute for each Attribute to be raised, which causes the Modifiers to be applied multiple times.

Example: a player wants to use Super Attributes to raise his Strength, Agility, and Vigor by 3 levels each. That's 3 pts. per Attribute, or a total of 9 PP. If he applies the Device modifier, it's treated as if it applied to a 9 PP power, and reduces it by 2, to 7 PP. But Hero Lab applies it separately to each, reducing the cost by 3, to 6 PP.

It gets worse if there are other modifiers included. If we add the Requires Activation modifier (-1 PP), that should make the total cost of this Power 6 PP, but Hero Lab lists it as 3 PP.
TheLoremaster is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Calabim696

Old August 6th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Has there been any word on this?
Calabim696 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm currently looking into fixing bugs, so I'll add this to the list. Thanks for spotting it!
CapedCrusader is offline   #3 Reply With Quote